Chapter Six: Competition of the Ninja

Song: "African Breeze" - The Fiechters

        Eventually, the storm passed. The rain stopped, and the wind slowed down. However, the Atlantic Ocean was still rough. The dark clouds started to leave Seabrook Island, and very faintly, the sun poked out from behind one of the clouds. On North Beach, Makenna Delling's surfboard was still resting on the location where she left it, but there was no sign of the young fairy. She was nowhere to be seen. Besides the surfboard, the beach was dead empty. Powerful waves and foam crashed onto the shoreline.

As they crashed, they said, "Beware, Seabrook Island! This isn't the last time you'll see a storm like this! Another, more powerful one is going to come, and we can guarantee you that somebody is going to get hurt!" Another large wave hammered the shoreline, and this one grabbed Makenna's surfboard and whisked it out to sea!

Across the rough Atlantic Ocean, beyond the horizon, the sea continued on and on until finally, it fed into a small, mysterious island that was filled with vegetation. Numerous coastal trees and even a volcano stood and overlooked the ocean. The island's beach was covered in fluffy, white sand, and small waves crashed onto it. Resting on the sand, on her front, still unconscious, was young Makenna Delling! Whoever it was that had rescued her had taken her to this island. Makenna was out for quite a few hours. When finally, she woke up, she groaned and rubbed her nose on the sand. Lifting her head, she spat out sand and coughed up a storm. Ugh, she must've swallowed half the ocean.

When Makenna managed to catch her breaths, she dropped her hand from her chest and peered behind her, out to the ocean, asking, "What the?" as she got up on her knees. Sighing, she brushed the sand off her, and feeling her dress, she peered down at it and gasped at the sight of her new outfit. Oh no, she was still wearing her fairy-like attire! Makenna gasped again, and she jumped to her feet. In a feeble voice, she whispered, "Oh gosh," and built up her confidence. Then, very slowly, she twisted her head, and her eyes landed on her small wings. They waved "hello" at her, and Makenna stared. Then she screamed and reached for her head, shouting, "AHH! I REALLY AM A FREAK! No." She shook her head, "I may be a freak, but I am not a fairy! Get it together, Makenna!" After saying this, she next peered back to the forest, and gulping nervously, she added with, "That does not look like Seabrook Island." Her eyes were fixed upon the volcano. Makenna shook her shoulders and took a step forward, toward the island's forest, adding, "Oh please say there's someone in that forest that will take me back." Taking a deep breath, she brought her hands to her chest and approached the forest. Soon standing in front of it, she nodded and said, "All right, here I go," and took a step forward, but just before she could enter the forest, it happened again! Makenna's wings flapped, and for the second time, she was thrown into the sky! "AHHH!!" screamed the young fairy as she peered down at the forest, "Oh, God! Oh, God! Oh, God!" Purposely, the wings dropped her, and Makenna yelled as she crashed through some tree branches, but she managed to grab hold of one of the branches and break her fall. She closed her eyes as she felt the branch bending, and soon, young Makenna Delling hovered over a rocky, rough river in the forest. The forest was beautiful. The sun's rays, which were now poking through the clouds, scanned its bed, and plants of all sorts waved in the wind. Makenna was holding on for dear life, and opening her eyes, she said, "Uhh," as the branch continued to bend, and a very faint cracking sound came from it. Oh snap, Makenna was dead! "No, no, no!" she begged, "Don't break on me! Don't break on me please!" Her begging technique failed to work. Before she knew it, the branch broke, and Makenna fell toward the river, yelling. However, just before she could hit it, her wings flapped and caught her an inch from the river's surface! Makenna gasped as the tip of her nose touched the water, and her eyes widened at the sight of the rocks. After a bit, her wings pulled her up and took her over to the riverbed.