Author's Note/Welcome to the World of Claxton!

Song: "Mermaids" - Hans Zimmer

        Welcome, my wonderful Fantasy readers, to the Claxton Tetralogy (originally known as the Metamorphosis Tetralogy)! I wrote these stories all through high school

        Welcome, my wonderful Fantasy readers, to the Claxton Tetralogy (originally known as the Metamorphosis Tetralogy)! I wrote these stories all through high school. I finished the first draft of Metamorphosis (now Claxton) about halfway through 9th grade, and then I re-wrote it in 10th grade, which is unfortunately the only thing I can give you right now. However! I really, really want to share this story with y'all!

Just like The Green Guardian, the Metamorphosis/Claxton stories–this story in particular–are very dear to me. Yes, it's another fairy story, but this one is set in Charleston, South Carolina. The world I've created is one of my all-time favorites. One of my protagonists, Tracey, is very special because he is technically the main villain of the series. He is a creature known as a "claxton," hence the series title.

Anyway, because these stories mean the world to me, I do not want anybody to plagiarize them. If I find someone doing that, then they will be blocked. I've worked so hard to create this magical world in a setting that is nostalgic to my childhood.

Before you proceed to the story, I should warn you that Claxton is not Tinkerbell. It may start off feeling that way, but as the plot progresses, it will grow more complicated and darker. This mostly has to do with Tracey's claxton backstory. Remember, he's technically the villain. I love fairies, yes, but I want to write fairy stories that are darker and not as light-hearted. It doesn't mean that the whole story will be dark, though. There is just as much light-heartiness in it as there is darkness. I enjoy writing about the mysteries of the ocean, which is one of the reasons why I decided to set the plot in Charleston.

With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy the first book in the tetralogy... Claxton!

Cover

Please do NOT plagiarize this story! It means so much to me

Please do NOT plagiarize this story! It means so much to me. I've worked very hard on it. Just FYI.