Prologue: Island of Wonder

Song: "Tulou Tagaloa" - Olivia Foa'i

7 years earlier

        Way out in the Atlantic Ocean, near the beaches of Seabrook Island, stood a small island filled with vegetation. Numerous coastal trees stood and overlooked the ocean. There was also a jungle and volcano on the tropical island. The time was late afternoon. The sun was setting on the horizon, and the branches of the palm trees waved goodnight to it. Two bottlenose dolphins leaped out of the ocean, and the rays of the setting sun scanned them. They dove back into the water and swam toward the island.

Deep in the island's jungle stood a cave. It groaned. Inside the cave, it was cool and dark. At the mouth of it was an entrance hallway. It led to a vast room in the cave's heart. In this room lived Merlin the Great, the most powerful wizard in the world and also most likely the oldest. The cave served as his home, and all his belongings were in its vast heart. There were old couches, chairs, desks, chests, etc. that waited patiently in it. Merlin the Great paced back and forth with his hand at his chin. He was concerned about something. His eyes told it all. They flashed with worry and tiredness. His long, nighttime-patterned, blue cloak trailed down to the ground, and his long, white beard hung all the way down to his thighs. His blue wizard hat which was also nighttime patterned stood tall on his head, and he ran his aging fingertips through his beard. For once, the old wizard needed help. He was losing control of his powers, and if he lost all of them, then all the magic concealed deep in Earth's core would go extinct. Merlin didn't want that to happen. He needed the help of a fairy known as a Metamorphic Fairy. Metamorphic Fairies were special fairies that were half human and half fairy. They were naturally born from humans, and they started off as regular kids until they reached their teen years. During their teenage years, their fairy halves were revealed. Only a Metamorphic Fairy could rescue Merlin and all the magic in the world. However, finding one was a difficult task because they were extremely rare. A Metamorphic Fairy was only born from a strong heart and a family in which one past member had to have been a fairy. Finding one was the hardest part.

Merlin needed the assistance of his apprentice, Tracey, who was a ten-year-old Apprentice Fairy. He called for him from where he paced and impatiently waited. After five minutes, a child fairy appeared at the entrance of another hallway that fed off of the cave's heart. This was Tracey. He had the size and appearance of an average ten-year-old boy. The only difference was that he had wings and pointy ears. He was dressed in a dark green, jinbei-like shirt, a black sash, black shorts, and dark purple shoes. He had short, black hair and mesmerizing, golden brown eyes. His wings were fairly large and translucent. Both his upper and lower wings were light green and purple, and they glittered with purple and green fairy dust.

Tracey hurried to Merlin, and once he reached him, he fell to one knee and asked,

"Yes, my liege?" in a calm voice.

Lifting his head, he met Merlin's eyes, and the elderly wizard said, "My boy, it has come to the point that we have to find a Metamorphic Fairy. Please rise." Tracey did. He knew what was going on with Merlin's powers, but he didn't think it'd get so bad that they'd have to seek out a Metamorphic Fairy.

Remaining calm, Tracey followed Merlin the Great to the heart of the room where a table sat. Resting on the face of the table in a line...were three enchanted necklaces. Each one had a silver loop but different pendants. Green butterfly wings served as the pendant of the first necklace. For the second one, its pendant was a red fairy, and finally, the pendant for the third one was a blue horse head. This necklace was the one Merlin wanted.