Chapter Twenty-Five

Comincia dall'inizio

I nodded my head and I started walking off. I went on my phone and I called Iris. I put my phone to my ear as I walked towards the front entrance. I passed Daniella at the desk and pushed open the door.

It was chilly outside and that pink shirt outfit wasn't doing her any good. She must be cold out here and I know she didn't have a coat or anything.

"Hello?.... Yeah hello... I can't hear you.. lol this is my voicemail call me another time I might pick up."

I hated her fucking voicemail. I hung up the phone and I doubt she would answer the second time. Elijah had just responded to my message.

Eli: had to be what she saw

Me: she lied. Maya and Mark aren't here right now and nobody on stage was doing it

Eli: so she just left?

Me: yes and she isn't answering her phone

Eli: what do you think?

Me: idfk. We were fine before she left the office. Even after we fucked

Eli: you fucked her? Gray, did you even give her aftercare? You know I do that.

I read his message over and over. Was it my fault that she walked out? Why would he think I wouldn't do it? I know what our agreement is, but I'm not that completely absent. I left him on read and I switched over to texting her.

I waited for her to respond and nothing. I saw the read pop up, but she didn't respond. I know she turns it on and off, so did she turn it on just now. I called her again and she didn't answer. What the fuck did I actually do?

I sighed and I put my phone in my pocket. I will leave her alone, but I just don't get what I did. I cleaned her up, I told her she did a good job, and I gave her kisses. What else does Elijah do that doesn't make what I do good enough?

I walked back inside the club and I racked my brain for all the explanations needed. I couldn't come up with any and ended with it being my fault. I did something wrong.

***

I haven't spoken to her for a whole day and it was strange. I would usually get a text from her in the morning, but nothing. She has a lecture today as well and she might just be focused on that. It was 6 something, she definitely couldn't have been doing anything.

I came home early and I was hoping maybe she would come here knowing there would be nobody here. It was silent in the house and it was slightly odd for me. I was used to the TV always being on and her voice filling the house.

She was either on a call, singing some random song, even randomly making a tiktok, but she was always doing something that made noise. There would be times where she wasn't here, but this time it just felt strange to me.

The sensor on my phone went off indicating that someone was outside. I thought it was her, but the doorbell rang. I checked who it was on the phone and I groaned when I saw my annoying nephew and his annoying friends.

I forced myself to go downstairs and open the door for them. I could see him and his two other friends that were on his football team. Parker and Jordan. I opened the door and I looked at them.

"What?"

"Heyy Uncle Grayson."

They walked in and I already knew they were driving past. They were about to eat whatever they could find, but there more likely to eat Iris's food. I shut the door as I followed to the kitchen.

"Why are you guys here?"

"We wanted to see what you were up to," Adam shrugs.

"Ayeee, you got snacks what the hell?" Parker says.