Chapter 41

previously-

The kitchen would need to be a bit bigger as well.... i sighed. i have my work cut out for me.

___________________________

now-
time passed quickly, easily. well. sort of. i missed Gaara's presence. he was alway busy working. while i understand why we needed that treaty i still bugged me to no end. Gaara is mine goddammit. it felt as though the treaty was taking him away from me. The urge to bite and tear rose up and i had to push it back down. Things have gotten weirder. i mean, i seriously just got jealous of a stupid treaty? its a piece of paper. i mean, really? just really? how stupid. still. I'm sure the shredded up treaty would make a lovely hamster home..... i shook my head. wow. i really need to work on that. i sighed as i set back to work on building a crib for the two little ones currently wiggling around in my belly. I worked at smoothing down the wooden spindles and setting them into place. wouldn't be to long now. i had gotten bookshelf and put some little craved wooden boxed for the weapons. holds more than a dresser and more organized. i yawned slightly as i pushed the last spindle of the crib firmly into place. I stood up, and let my hands come to rest on my belly. it seemed so big. and heavy. Lord was it heavy. i felt as though i was wearing weighted training clothes the entire time. Then, when i tried to go to sleep it was hard to find a comfy spot to sleep in that didn't push to much on my oversized belly. i moved the crib up against the wall. pushing forward and smiling as it went into its place. the small mobile of delicate stained glass leaves and tiny glass bottles of sand glinted and their colors onto the room as the sunlight hit the glass of the mobile. i had put a soft little rug in here as well. an old table tsunaide had laying around lay shoved against the other wall, to serve as the changing table. the next chance i have i am getting a new changing table. because, i don't trust... that. i sighed softly as i wiped my brow. I tried to walk but, it was more like a waddle. just then Gaara came in. a smile rested on his face, and his eyes searched my own. i grinned at my sexy mate.

"welcome home." i said.

"im home."

"is everything going ok?" i asked, he nodded.

"naru," he said coming up, an giving me a kiss. "we've done it. We completed the treaty." my eyes went wide. He did it?! A grin slowly began to spread across my shocked face. "you know what this means Naruto?" i nodded and kissed him again, a tear leaking out and down my face. Gaara eased my hands down, and knelt before me. in the middle of our babies room. in the middle of an empty desert. No one to watch, no one to see. He knelt down before me as though he was a humble man and i was a great king of a splendid country. he pulled from his cloak a tiny box which was nestled in his hand.

"Gaara...." I spoke softly, barely above a whisper. this is......he took a deep breath before he spoke.

"Naruto, i know that i love you. I know that you love me im return. I know, that i have done things incorrectly. that if i am going to be the father i want to be, then those wrongs must be righted. Naruto, then entire time we were together i have had to ask you to break your village rules, i have pulled you away from your duties from being a ninja and protecting your village all for my own selfish desires. no longer. Naruto, i have knelt here before you, to ask for forgiveness for those wrongs, and if you would allow me, to marry you. Even though i have not yet earned it. Please," gaara looked up. Earnest green eyes meeting my own. mess red hair falling over and spilling into his eyes, casting a pleading desperate look onto his pale complexion. "Naruto, please marry me." he words were breathy, light. The ring in the box. was a beauty of which only gaara could compare. a crimson red gem, the pale fine sand colored band with a simple vine engraved very thinly on it, leaves coming off of it. On the inside, words were written, in a fluid curvy hand. 'Naruto, and Gaara. May happiness alway smile upon this couple.' i nodded.

"gaara, you silly raccoon. of course i will marry you!" i shouted out at him. "how could you ever think i wouldn't!" with those words, Gaara and his sand had us in Konoha in no time flat. Already he and Tsunaida had the wedding practically planned. All we had to do was pick colors and styles. Naturally red and orange were picked. i didn't want a dress, Gaara agreed. I needed more room around my belly as well. We picked a loose style yukata for me. That why i could simply adjust the sash to make it tighter or looser as needed. We decided not to do it in the traditional colors and suits. i wanted colors and life at my wedding. Like a festival. Something comfy that everyone would have fun. Now, all we have to do it announce it. I stepped into the shower carefully. My belly often trying to throw me off balance. Gaara hovered nearby in the doorway as i bathed. i snorted at him. "Gaara, you sexy man why the hell are you in my doorway?" his lips twitched.

"the view." i rolled m eyes at his words. Afterwards i made my way over to our closet and pulled out a simple yukata. It was a plain black with orange lining. I threw it on. its a formal wear, but.... right now im running low on clothing options that fit around my seemingly endlessly growing tummy. Gaara took hold of my hand and led me through the mirror into, Tsunaide's office?! i blinked and my eyes were met with the eyes of all of my friends.

"Naruto, is that... You?!"

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.