chapter 29

previously-

"naruto." i said softly my eyes switching from the cloudy mirror, and the blonde. "what is that?"

________________________

now-

i stared at Sasuke. My heart rate dropped as fear filled me. no....this ruined everything! not only would i get in trouble but gaara would not become kazekage. horror filled my heart.

"its-its-its..." i struggled to find something anything to explain it away, to make him not want to look at it any closer. to protect gaara and My home.
nothing would come.
Sasuke took a long measured look at my face an sighed. he slid his kunai away and went to sit on my bed.

"naruto. sit." i nodded my head sadly, and walked slowly over. anything to delay the conversation which was sure to come. "naruto. do you know why i came here?" i shook my head helplessly. sasuke looked down at the floor. "i wanted to tell you....that im i love with you. thats why i came." i blinked and looked over at him.

"sasuke, i already told you. i don't feel the same." he nodded sadly.

"i know. i also know you have a lover. But i still wanted to tell you that." sasuke sat up straight and turned to look at me. "i know you have a lover.
I also think i know who it is."
my breath caught.
"its Gaara. Isn't it?"

"ho-how did you?...." Sasuke laughed sadly.

"so i was right, hmm?" he chuckled again, mostly to himself.
"the mirror. it looks like a transportation jutsu. plus you have been trying to keep it a secret who you are dating. who else could it be?" he paused for a moment before continuing.
"but naruto, you don't need to worry. I wont breath a word of your love to gaara." Sasuke said as he stood up.
"i swear on my life.
i wont speak of you relationship with the red head."
Sasuke made his way to the door
but i stopped him.

"wait! sasuke!"he stopped but didn't turn to look back at me.
"why? why are you not telling?
you know its against the rules."  sasukes tilted his head so i could see his face, a sad smile graced his face with an expression i had never seen him wear before.

"you deserve it. you deserve to be happy. And if i cant make you happy, then you deserve someone who can.
i an going to make sure that you can get that chance. of all the people i have ever met, you deserve this the most.
I love you Naruto. And because i love you, i will do this for you, even if it hurts me. Just remember, Im always going to be here for you." with that sasuke left my apartment. a single tear of joy and sadness left my eye and trailed down my cheek. and for a brief moment,
i wondered,
how different my life would have been, if i had fallen for Sasuke.
I smiled, and spoke to empty room.

"thank you Sasuke. i wont ever be able to return your feelings, but, i this means so much to me. thank you." only my empty apartment heard my words. i turned back to my closet and cover my mirror up completely and then proceeded to head over to the training grounds. intent to pass the days quickly while i waited for Gaara to arrive in Konoha.

It seemed like a lifetime.

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.