chapter 37

previously-

i felt my body not respond, and instead fell asleep in his arms. Something is not normal. Of that i was sure.

________________________

now-

--gaara--

I held Naruto within my arms as i stood in his room. Sasuke was right behind me.

"gaara, think this over." he said quietly." my feet however had already begin to move and i went towards his window. i had thought it over. I jumped out of the window, and made my way as quietly as i could towards Tsunaide's office. my feet fell silent against the rooftops of Konohas houses. The moon had began sinking a while back, and streaks of pinks and brilliant yellows began to drag the sun from the blankets of the earth high into the sky. I stepped through her window, an stood, with Naruto fast asleep. Tsunaide was sitting in her chair. She snorted and turned to face me. her face held no surprise, only faint interest. For once, i wondered at how much that crazy gambling woman knew about the goings on behind closed doors. my mind gave shudder. i did not want to think about her watching is as we slept together.
"gaara." She said noting my stance. "i was not expecting you." she sighed. i assume Sasuke is not far behind?" i shrugged. i could care less if he is close or far. He doesn't matter. naru does. "i see.... well. come on, better to get you somewhere with out prying eyes."

"you knew?" i asked her as she led my down a winding hall way.

"that Sasuke was not the father?" i nodded. "no. at least not until recently. The blood work came back, lets just say you lucky i was the one handling it. i figured that Sasuke was in on the plan. This explains the treaty as well." she sighed. "the brat has a way of getting me to do more work than i want to." she opened a door and pulled us. I laid naru on the bed, and sat down next to him. I glanced over a Tsunaide before speaking.

"Tsunaide. before we left, Naruto was acting a little.... odd." She snorted, when is he not? anyway, whats do you mean?" i explained the situation in short sentences, not wanting to wake the sleeping whiskered boy. she was nodding to herself, deep i thought as i finished.

"well?" i said finally.

"i was worried about this." she stood and walked over to Naruto, and gently held her ear to his heart and then to his stomach. "well. gaara, your going to have your hands full. Naruto, because he is a male, his body is not designed for baby carrying. His body is trying to change as best as it can to cope with the situation. as it is, this would not even be possible if it were not for The Kyuubi."

"so. his body is taking on some of Kuruma's traits in order to handle to be able to handle carrying the baby?" she nodded.

"precisely." she glanced down at narus sleeping form. "i am not sure what this might entail. he may take on Fox like appearances, or behaviors. its hards to say. this is why i was concerned and wanted to see him again." she looked at me firmly. "based upon what you said, Naruto has taken on one fox behavior already. i am certain he will take on more before this is all said and done."

"what do i do?" i asked her, worried over my lover.

"keep him home, where he feels safe. you will have to bring him for check ups. unless, you want me to go there, but..... I'm unsure if that is a good idea. He will feel more comfortable there, but he may also feel more defensive of it. so it may be best for him to come here." she crossed her arms across her ample chest, thinking. "i want you to keep track of any behaviors he picks up, as well as any change in appearance. this is a first time of a male pregnancy, as well a first time a male jinchuriki is pregnant. we need to keep record for future reference." i nodded. i wished we already had a record to go by. it would sure help with things.

"thank you tsunaide."

"I'm not finished." i blinked as she grinned. "Gaara, i didn't get to say congratulations."

"oh."

"dont 'oh' me, you brat. now, congratulations on you and naru, you make a better couple than him and uchiha." she laughed loudly before continuing on more serious. "Gaara, i will send you information regarding fox behavior shortly, i know your village wont have any information on them. its a desert there. in the mean time, keep working on that treaty. Sasuke and i will aid in the ways we can. Just remember, the council finds out about this, and even i wont be able to do much." i nodded at her words. councils. such a pain. i picked up Naruto and carried him back to his apartment. i was unable to dwell over the information as i had but a small chance to get home unseen. With a swift leap i rolled through Naruto's window and into his room and moved quickly to his closet. The mirror stood tall and proud. Sasuke was waiting. i nodded towards him. he sighed, and picked up the mirror cover and as we stepped through, he wrapped the mirror up in blanket.

--Naruto--

i slept fitfully and woke up to Gaara standing there. I stretch out happily. My belly felt, a little tight, and i glance down to gently rub my belly. Two months. Thats how far i am along. This past week Gaara has been doing what he could from home not wanting to leave me alone. well, i put my foot down, and told him he had to take care of his village. It worked and he has been doing better. Though i wont tell him, i did actually prefer it when he was home to protect me and dote on me. I purr sounded as i made my way over to him and sleepily nuzzled his chest. My belly was big and it slightly awkward to move with. i snorted. it was heavy. it worried me as well. What if the baby was so big it is not able to come out? i had shared my worries with Gaara. He said that it would be fine, he would take of me, and tsunaide would be able to handle it. Though i could see that afterwards he paid close attention to how big i was when even he saw me.

"are ready?" i rolled my eyes. i did not want to go see The Old Lady. i want to stay here in my den with my mate. he pulled me along and we stepped through the mirror, and stepped out into Tsunaides little private office room. due to our frequent visits, we had moved the one That had rested in my apartment. She was waiting for us.

"good. you came, now. i have good news, and well. some bad news. which do you want to hear first?"

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.