chapter 43 - A Wedding Festival

previously-

Narutos friends accepted it. it was as if they had known the entire time.

Now thats going to bug me.

___________________________

now-

i stood in front of a floor length mirror my blue eyes stared back at my form. The brilliant orange yukata wrapped around my belly. it was still heavy. My hair was a bit messy, i needs to be cut. i gazed at myself. I looked like my father. Well. sort of. i had my whiskers, and of course, i as not as lean as my father. i was slightly shorter, stockier, and obviously my belly was bigger. i soft sigh slid and rolled from my mouth. my eyes trailed along the embroidery on the yukata. Swirls of red dragons, leafs showed up brilliantly against the orange of the cloth. A festival. That was the theme of our wedding. We decided that, Gaara would take on the uzumaki name. His siblings were perfectly able to carry on the Subaku name, however i am the only surviving member of the Uzumaki clan. I need to handle that. Its time, my clan rose back up from the ashes. To take back our place in the world. My hands came to rest o my belly. I could see my eyes soften in my reflection. My beautiful twins. i wonder, if they are boys or perhaps they are girls? I blinked and looked down at my belly, covered under my yukata. Maybe, one of each? i sighed happily as my eyes rose back up to meet their reflection. My wedding day. Its here. Gaara is out there, waiting for me.

"naruto, you ready?" i turned to see Sakura. i grinned.

"Sakura. i have been waiting for this for a long time. i promise you. I am ready." she blinked at me words for a moment, before her face fell into a relaxed sort of smile.

"right, well then, mr. im ready. Lets not leave him waiting?" with a grin i nodded and let her lead my out the door an out onto the street. people from all over came. They lined the streets. People from Suna, from Konoha, Bee came as well. The Raikage, Mizukage, Tsuchikage. people from all different nations came and lines the streets of Konoha. Due to all of the people, we are holding the wedding outdoors. its was just a festival. Paper lanterns strung up everywhere, everyone wearing yukata and kimono's. The sun had gone down. The lanterns illuminated the great village. Laughs and chatter echoed everywhere. everyone fell silent when the saw me. Everyone waiting, watching me. I picked Konohamaru to carry the rings. he walked in front and right behind him, two small Kirigakure girls held a basket with delicate leafs and colored sand. The tossed it out towards the crowd, just like had whisper to them to do. hehe. They faces on the crowd when they got hit with the leafs and sand, priceless. i asked Bee to take pictures. I also asked Shikamaru. Not that i don't trust bee, but..... i have a werid feeling his is taking pictures of him rapping more than the wedding. just a hunch though. i stifled a giggle, as one Konoha ninja leaned in just a little to close to the girls and got sand right in the face. i am not very good at not laughing. he shook his head before laughing along side me. They crowd was having a blast, as i walked down the street. Some people dared the chance of samd and leaf in their face to get a good view, some preferred to run the opposite direction. Ninjas sat upon rooftops, and tossed some leaf down on my head once they caught on. Some even threw sand. i laughed each time they missed, then laughed harder when the hit their intended target. shadows flickered and danced as my eyes fell upon Gaara's form. my laughter faded, in its place a simple smile. one i could only give to Gaara. His green eyes met mine and we turned towards Shikamaru father. He stood up tall in front of everyone. I let out a faint sigh and my lips quirked. like father like son, or so they say. I sincerely hope that not exactly true in my case. I don't need two mini me's running around in circles driving me crazy. Though. that does sound fun..... Our vows were simply, said a thousand times over, by a thousand different couples over the course of thousands of years. The meaning however, was not lost. Every word was a promise, a vow. Every word i said, i meant.

"i do." these words rang out clearly, loudly. Easy for all to hear. First from me, then from Gaara. Shika's dad nodded, and stepped back.

"you may kiss the groom." my eyes didnt move from Gaara. his lips came softly, as he leaned in. No matter how many times i kiss him, it still leaves my breathless, still leaves my heart in flutters. Fireworks shot off lighting the night sky, and cheers erupted. Music began to sound, as various couples young, old and in between took to twirling their partners in the street under the glow of the paper lanterns. I grinned. A festival. People handed out little figures of Gaara and me. i saw a tiny figure of Kuruma snoozing so i just had to get it. The fox just grumbled when he saw i was actually getting it. something along the lines of how he isn't always sleeping. yeah. right. Fingers slid into my own and i was spun to be met with Gaara lovely face. he tugged me away from sidewalk, and began to dance with me. my cheeks flushed.

"Gaara, i cant dance!" he didn't reply. so we danced. It was slower than everyone there, it was a little awkward as my belly didn't seem to want to have anything to do with a dance. In fact, in seemed dead set on preventing a smooth dance. ah well. its still fun. I kept giggling as Gaara would lean in every now and then and whisper things into my ear. Out of the corner of my eye i saw Mina Tepes, watching Sasuke. I blinked. So. She developed feeling for him. "hey gaara, look." the words were spoken softly, and he glanced over briefly.

"mmm. yeah. Shes got my full support." I glanced back to see her take a deep breath before she reached out and dragged him to the street, making him dance with her. i giggle at his surprised expression. Finally a woman who might be able to match his stubbornness. Maybe the Uchiha clan will continue after all. Hehe. I spun once more, in a slow careful fashion. he gave me a kiss. My belly rumbled loudly. soundless he lead me to ichirakus. My friends a came to talk to me at various points during my meal. Hinata and Kiba congratulated me, when the walked away, i noticed some hand holding. Good for them. I'm glad. Ino and Sai had apparently gotten together. They make a good couple, though, Sai is still as clueless as ever. Ino ended up dragged him off, when he asked Gaara if, since i was pregnant i was actually a woman. I laughed as my red head glanced over at me with wide eyes.

"naruto. you have very strange friends." i laughed harder.

"yeah, keeps life interesting."

"hmm." was all the reply i got from him, as he watched me devour bowl after bowl of ramen. after i finished, he paid and we left, i waved back at them. I was heading over towards the rest of my friends, Mina had Sasuke trapped. Sakura and lee were chatting up a storom, Chouji was talking to a girl from the village hidden in the lightning. hinata and kiba were talking to some jonin from the village hidden the mist. They all turned an grinned at me waving me over.
i took a step towards them, when a shock travel through me body. I felt something, break. i dropped to my knees.

"Gaara," i said feeling something wet. "i think, my water broke."
Gaara lifted me, and already was making his way towards Konoha's hospital. the crowd parted, and gaara called his sand to him quickly. It surged through the gap provided, and Gaara lept on to it. we were at the hospital in seconds.

Now,
is there anyway i can get some pain reliever in seconds?

___________________________
A/N-
If you are reading this story on any platform other than Wattpad, you are at risk for viruses and malware. If you wish to read this story on its original, safe platform, please go to:

http://my.w.tt/UiNb/MCWlA62RlF

This link will take you to the original author's profile where all of the works are. Thank you.