End Part 3

Yawning Brook got up and stretched out his arms, gazing down at Tess' face, sunlight peaked through curtain-to him she'd never looked more radiant "Not gonna lie. When a rose wilts, in those moments I find it reveals its true beauty" Eyes fluttering open, Tess looked up at him "Got some sleep?" Brook asked "Yeah" she took his hand into hers "I actually did."

Bedroom door swung open, they could see blue sky and birds were heard chirping outside "Has the makings of a wonderful day" Brook got up, heading to the bathroom to brush his teeth; putting his NoisePods in he started going through his morning routine, leaving Tess alone in bed with her thoughts.

'Again' images flashed of New Arcadia on fire from last night's dream caused a pain to shoot through Tess' head "No!" she rubbed both temples that started to hurt, wincing in pain eyes wide shut "No" another image of them surrounded by shadows, as they closed in, they began looming large

"NO!"

Tess shouted trying to block out another replay: as the shadows grew closer, another silhouette they knew quite well attempted in vain to defend, that shadow consumed by the others is where things started to go bad and her dream came to an abrupt end.

"Tess!" Brook rushed over with toothbrush in hand, paste all over his face "What's wrong?" calming down, Tess looked up at Brook before looking down at her hands "Don't know.." she uttered as they started to tremble "Still shaken up from things....I guess...."

Brook looked aside, before looking Tess in the eye "His name, you called his name last night" Brook's voice was flat, and his face an expressionless mask "Who?" Tess "Gano." Tess looked away. "Tess, if you have fee-" Tess latched onto his arm not letting him speak "NO! No...it's nothing like that..." Brook looked away this time "Then why him while you're feeling like this? Why-Why not me?" Tess sighed.

"After we met him, I've had strange dreams...almost like..premonitions ever since-" Tess took a deep breath "Some of them don't end well...." she trailed off biting her lip in an attempt to keep quiet, this didn't go unnoticed by Brook "What do you mean?" he asked.

Clutching sheets for comfort Tess averted his gaze looking away "Death...my dreams are always full of death" This threw Brook for a loop causing him to drop his toothbrush "WHAT!? Whose!?" he asked in shock "Brook calm down.." Tess urged.

"Tess! That's something you should've been told everyone about it!! Especially me, how could you not let anyone know!?" Tess heaved a heavy sigh "BROOK STOP STOP!! STOP YELLING AT ME!" he reeled back "You don't know how messed up it is to see your loved one's death played out in front of you night in and night out over and over again!!" Tess had started kicking, screaming, punching air, and trashing about "Tess-"

Tess' head started shaking "No! Don't even go there! You know what you did!! Just blame me for everything all over gain!!" Brook rushed over and grabbed Tess by the shoulders, hoping to steady his girlfriend and shake as much sense into her as I can "Listen to me! Listen! Look at me!! Damn!" Tess had broke into a quiet sob, body limp "Don't do that again!!"

Brook's amber eyes met blue, it seemed-at very least-attention was being paid to him "Dreams are what we make them to be, premonitions are what we make them to be, fate is a wheel that we'll always have a turn to turn against if we don't play right into it's hand!! Now I'm here fighting with you!! Douglas is too!! But if you and Gano don't get on board with the program I'm delusional and into this stuff enough to get killed!!"

Out of nowhere Brook locked Tess' lips with his "You understand?" he nodded and his chest relaxed as Tess' nodded back along with him "That's good, now let's get dressed and go check on your friend" Tess gave him a look of confusion "Oh that's right, I was supposed to tell you about 'Ness-last they transferred her in town so we can go visi-"