6.7

Landing on the strip, the large cargo plane pulled in ready to refuel, it was a private plane contracted a for one purpose in particular, and in a matter of hours that purpose was about to be fulfilled. Getting of the plane were several members of an animal rights activist group known as Karna': the groups methods were known to be extreme, but because they often acted the direct opposite of the poachers and traffickers dominating the black market, they've garnered a lot of support underground. The groups was broken down into divisions and cells, and this cell in particular was in town to conduct important business.

"Lance. Looks like we're here." a blonde was the first to step down, exiting the plane "A man with a side-part stepped off as well "Alexandria, remember our role here is to support, I still don't know why you get so worked up bout things. My dad owns the airport and everything's on track...we'll be fine." he bragged, several other members of the organization got off right behind them-ready to take a brief respite at the terminal "Be honest, do you think the rumors are true?

 Cause if I'm being honest I'm not so sure." Alexandria side-eyed Lance, studying his face "Is that jealousy I detect?" Lance sniffled, teeth chattering he was taken surprise by the cold "Chilly out here, but don't be ridiculous! It's nothing I admire more than those who can apply true friction in order to bring about true change!! There's no room for ego or frivolous notion!" Alexandaria decided his ranting was off, moving to join the others she didn't fee like paying him attention any more "Alexandaria! Alexandriaaaaaaaa! Oh c'mon!"

Not even half-hour passed before the truck arrived, "We really should've rolled out the red carpet for our star guest." Lance and Alexandria waited on the strip, the plane was being refueled and preparations were being made for it to take off again in the next hour or so, the truck backed in, hopping down onto the ground the driver let the ramp down and opened the door "Oh my." Lance rubbed his eyes "Has he lost his mind!?" Alexandria shrieked, step by step Derrick walked down the ramp and following in step the animals from the zoo followed behind 

"It's no way...." Lance stared in awe "What's that quote by that old detective about the improbable being true? It can't be! But it must be!" Derrick was exhausted, leaning over he put his hands on his knees "Might be a bit of a weird introduction, but do you have any coffee or anything that could help me stay up?" Calling over one of his stuff, he told them to go retrieve refreshments from inside "Young man, do mind standing up?" Derrick was tired, but wanting to make an excellent first impression, he did as told "Tell me, how're you doing this?" Eyes darting left to right, Derrick started loosening his collar "Not gonna lie, we can't say we won't judge, but we need to understand." Alexandria clicked one of her red heels on the ground as she spoke.

"All I can say is out of nowhere a few months ago, I developed..this gift." Looking back at the animals behind him he felt a twinge of guilt, I can intertwine my mind with that of almost any animal and subjugate them to my will. I thought this was a curse, but now standing in front of you I realize it was a gift. I know you've heard of my exploits! With your help I rescued the animals from Sagara's compound!! I broke up the city's dog fighting ring!! I bloodied my hands, putting an end to the animal abuse of J'smith and Tell! Yes, these power is strange and not of this world, but what I've chosen to done with has brought about change!" 

Lance's eyes were close, but his heart, his ears were open and hanging onto every word. "You've got a bit of a savior complex, that I understand, but you already must know that your power is a form of abuse as well." Derrick remained silent "A necessary evil is evil still, but you've got heart, and that impassioned speech has pushed me over the line I was tip-toeing-what's the name again?" Lance walked up to Derrick, taking his hand into his "My friends call me Derrick." Lance whistled "Oh Wee! Isn't that something? Such an ordinary name, in contrast with an extraordinary young man. Welcome-to Karna." Unable to contain his excitement, Derrick hugged the man, squeaking in surprise, but understanding the gravity of the moment-Lance returned the gesture.