Jujutsu Kaisen | Trial and Error

Twelve years ago...

"Why did you do that?"

"I don't even know." You said, kind of lowering your head. "Looking back at it, I don't feel all that proud about it. All I did was anger the clan, and I didn't really send a message with defeating Naobito."

"Hah! I don't really get your thinking."

"Don't laugh at me, Shoko..." You mumbled.

"Alright, I'm sorry." Shoko chuckled, using her right arm to tuck you closer to her. "Don't bum yourself out, alright? You're the only person I've got besides those two idiots, but they're always on missions."

"You have Riko as well, don't you?"

"You're the only guy I have." Shoko smiled.

. . .

I'm sorry, Naoya.

Naoya let out a snarl as he leaped towards you, knowing that his own Domain would be overwhelmed by yours as you widened your eyes at this last, desperate attempt of his but you had no other choice and took out a kunai.

I hurt you back then, didn't I?

You shoved a kunai into what would be Naoya's throat as the cursed spirit let out a gag. Naoya still tried to attack you, but you immobilized him with a pure lightning attack from the kunai itself as Naoya started to yell out in pain.

I saw it. That look of yours.

Looking back at the past, you found yourself back into your ten year old state that had just defeated the head of the Zen'in. You looked to your right to see a truly pissed off Naoya. You, now much more mature, could tell that no ordinary toddler could show such emotion without a sense of trauma.

You felt sad for the kid. In this new sense of self assertion, you walked up to Naoya this time. Kneeling, you just looked at his hatred-filled eyes and you grit your teeth once you started imagining a future where he was a first year student with Yuji, Nobara, and even the cousin he hated so much.

But it is too late now.

I have to end you.

You raised your hand and prepared a massive Rasengan as Naoya helplessly looked up towards it. Ending it quickly, you slammed a full power Rasengan as the force of Sage Mode coursed across your eyes and you let out a final grunt.

Once you did that, the Rasengan obliterated most of the colony. Even so, Maki was undamaged. You leapt towards her and looked at her many scars and frowned, not at her but at the clan itself. You picked her up with your arms and Nanako showed up.

"(Y/N)-sama?" Nanako asked.

"Take her." You turned around, with a look of dread on your face. "Once she wakes up, tell her to come after me immediately. I don't have time to explain, but...we better..."

"(Y/N)-sama...?" Mimiko arrived.

"No...this can't be happening right now..." You quickly handed Maki to Mimiko, who gasped at the sudden gesture and you immediately turned around and headed towards a certain colony.

. . .

Earlier...

"You must be that lawyer guy (Y/N)-sensei told me about." Yuji said, gripping his fists as he looked towards his next opponent who was currently lying inside a bathtub strangely, fully clothed.

"Then you must be...Itadori." Higuruma dragged himself back up as he adjusted the tie on his suit as the two of them faced each other in the theater. "You've found my base of operations. Congrats. I'd expect that from a student of (Y/N)."

"This guy knows an awful bit about (Y/N)-sensei..." Yuji thought, looking at him. "...do they know each other? No, this guy must've just known about sensei because of his reputation!"

"Domain Expansion..."

"Wait, what—?" Yuji crossed his arms, but he found himself inside a courtroom and he was on the witness stand, but as the accused. "I wasn't expecting this! This guy has a Domain!"

"...Deadly Sentencing." Higuruma finished.

"A non-lethal domain..." Yuji assessed, for there was no hostility and he remembered a lecture you gave him once about domains. "...so it looks like I'm going to have to follow by his rules!"

Higuruma took out a file, which slightly surprised Yuji. Yuji then saw a shikigami named Judgeman right beside Higuruma, and it seemed like it was the shikigami's power that gave Higuruma that particular file.

"So I'm standing as the accused?" Yuji grit his teeth. "Looks like I'm going to have to play a court game with this guy, and I have to find evidence—no I have to prove that I'm innocent, somehow?"

"You entered the Maji Vegas Pachinko Parlor on July 16, 2017 while still being underage." Higuruma said, after reading the contents of the file. "How do you plead, Yuji Itadori?"

"Not guilty. I was using the bathroom."

"But a photo here shows you were using a cash exchange." Higuruma said, and that surprised Yuji. "You weren't even in the parlor. Could've just denied it. Because of that...you have now been sentenced."

Guilty.

. . .

After Judgeman's verdict, the Domain was released. Immediately after this, Yuji aimed a fist right at Higuruma with a Black Flash at the ready. However, Yuji suddenly realized he couldn't even use cursed energy and he was shocked.

"I can't use cursed energy...!" Yuji began.

Higuruma threw his gavel at Yuji, but the attack that would've normally been blocked damaged his arm. Higuruma took the gavel again and enlarged it into a hammer as Yuji jumped back to avoid it.

Yuji dodged the first attack but not the second, for he was sent flying as he crashed through multiple theater seats as he grunted and groaned from the now powerful attack by Higuruma.

"This guy...!" Yuji looked up.

"You are tough, I'll give you that."

"It's the only thing I've got going for me now."

"I wasn't so sure about killing (Y/N)'s student before, but you are guilty." Higuruma said. "This isn't over, you know. I know what you did in Shibuya, Yuji Itadori!"

There was a silence.

"I demand a retrial." Yuji said.

This forced both parties back into Deadly Sentencing at once. Noticing that Itadori was getting the hang of his technique, Higuruma prepared another file quickly and took out its contents.

"Yuji Itadori, you are accused of mass murder during the event known as the Shibuya Incident!" Higuruma stated, almost yelling. "On October 31st, 2018, you—"

"Yeah, it was me. I'm guilty."

End of Chapter