Jujutsu Kaisen | Origin of the Eye (1)

"I'll give you ten million if he gets an inherited technique." Naobito grinned as he looked to his side. "(Y/N) is already taking down curses, I've heard already. Without a technique, that's impressive."

"I...can't give you my son."

"Listen." Naobito said, looking up towards the sky. "We are willing to give you freedom. You had the courage to actually abandon us like Toji, but you don't have his strength. You are just another person with Heavenly Restriction, (M/N) Zen'in."

"I am not Zen'in. I took my husband's name."

"You still argue with me, even after all these days." Naobito chuckled, lowering his head. "Listen. You are my daughter, but even your kid can have a happy life without you. You are a burden, just like that other hypocrite. Tell you what...I'll let (Y/N)—"

"We're done here. I know what you are going to offer me and I will reject it all the way through. Even my own son knows that you are just scum. He would never listen to someone like you."

"I don't see him as my grandson." Naobito said, his words echoing through your mother's head. "You and that filth of your lover will die. Besides, even someone like (Y/N) could never attain what we are."

"Fine. We'll see about that."

. . .

Forcing a clan meeting, Naobito sat down with the other members of the Zen'in clan in a room where he sat down in front of the three of you. Trying her best to hold her anger, your mother clenched her fists to try and hide the last of her tears.

"I will not be sold to the Zen'in Clan." You said.

"Who gave you that authority?" Naobito eyed you.

"I do."

Standing up, your father had a rather calm smile on his face as members of the Zen'in suddenly grabbed their cursed tools, ready to take him on at once. However, Naobito just let him speak, waving his hand for the guards to lower their weapons.

Meanwhile, you caught an eye of the two twin daughters belonging to Naobito. Ignoring their mother's fierce gaze, you waved at them softly with a smile under the mask, which made Maki wave back.

"I, (D/N) (L/N), declare that my son will not be sold to any clan." Kenjaku said with a grin, and his next phrase actually angered Naobito. "He is not a piece of property...like the Zen'in are to the higher ups of this Jujutsu world."

"Watch your tongue..." Naobito growled.

"I am."

. . .

"Mom?"

Entering the house, you saw a horrifying sight. Right in front of you, your mother was in a pool of blood. She had been attacked, shown by the multiple residuals of cursed energy you saw around you.

"What...happened?" You asked, looking around to see what had happened, trying to find any source of information that led to the culprit. "No...this can't be happening...! Mom!"

Grabbing her body, you kneeled down and began to sob. A few moments of emptiness clouded your world that day and you raised your head with a new look. A look that would haunt spirits and curse users alike, for both of your eyes glared with power.

"I'll kill you." You said, standing up.

"So you know." Kenjaku said, standing behind you.

"How dare you..." You said, slowly turning around as you saw Kenjaku just staring down at your eyes with a grin. "...did the Zen'in really pay you off...? Answer me! Or I'll kill you on the spot!"

"He can see the residuals I left behind." Kenjaku deduced, looking into your eyes. "Good. Both of his eyes have awakened. It has been centuries since the last Sharingan user and it has finally returned..."

"...it has finally returned to me." Kenjaku said aloud.

Rushing him with a fist raised, you suddenly felt the gravity increase and you suddenly crashed to the floor. Gravity intensified around you, and you looked up to see that Kenjaku wasn't actually in your father's body anymore but in another one.

Kenjaku's grin was the last thing you ever saw with your awoken right eye, before Kenjaku ripped it out of your socket. Screaming in pain, you couldn't even clutch your empty eye as Kenjaku examined it in his palm, intensifying the gravity to resist your struggle.

"Truly a thing of beauty." Kenjaku said.

Kenjaku suddenly felt the presence of two powerful sorcerers. They were all getting closer, and he didn't have enough time. He frowned, but he just decided to step back from the door, for they were going to arrive soon.

"I'd better get moving." Kenjaku said to himself. "I don't wish to fight a battle with Jujutsu sorcerers. Not yet. I will come back to obtain that other eye...once it has matured enough to fight me."

With that, Kenjaku vanished. You could only cry as you finally felt the pressure leave you, but it didn't feel like it was gone for good. Sadness kept your body down and you didn't want to get back up.

Hearing footsteps, you looked up to see Geto arriving at the door and he kicked it right open as he and Gojo suddenly appeared in front of you. Geto was the first to react, but Shoko immediately entered and picked you up in her arms as she eyed your injuries.

"Oh shit..." Shoko looked at your empty eye socket and she placed a hand on it, healing it with a reverse cursed technique. "...you're going to be okay. You're with us now."

"We have to report this." Geto said, standing next to Gojo as the two eyed your mother's body. "Seems like the residuals are gone. Whoever killed her was an experienced sorcerer."

"Yeah." Gojo said, looking at the body.

"What's the situation?" Yaga entered, his hand on the doorway as he suddenly saw the body of your mother laying on the floor.

"She's dead." Gojo said.

"Alert the Zen'in." Yaga said.

"No..." You groaned, everyone looking at you as your Sharingan eye teared up. "...give her a proper burial. Please...the Zen'in...have no right to have her body."

The Tokyo students then looked at Yaga.

"Fine." Yaga said, clenching his fists. "I will."

End of Chapter