Jujutsu Kaisen | Premature Death

"Honestly...I'm not even surprised."

Chuckling, you just shrugged before seeing Geto sitting down in front of you. Everything looked white, but the scenery was nice enough to provide a pasture for you and Geto to sit on and you just sat, feeling the urge to lay back on the soft grass.

"Go ahead." Geto said.

"Aw, man..." You sighed, lying back as you felt yourself shift into a younger body, specifically your nine year old one. "...I really need a break. I've really been giving it my all...so I think I deserve it."

"Well..." Geto chuckled. "...you left the others behind. I don't think they'll be letting you relax here anytime soon. Plus, you haven't moved on yourself have you?"

"Of course I haven't." You said, looking up. "I haven't given everything. I was just lying to myself, wasn't I? I couldn't avenge my mother, and I let my students down. How could I stay here?"

"Those monkeys need you, whether you like it or not." Geto said. "Plus, there's the whole deal with Riko. You left her all behind with no protector to keep her safe."

"Geto..." You said, looking at him. "...it wasn't just Riko I wanted to save. I just can't help thinking about certain things, you know. What if I never existed? Would...everything still be the same?"

"Of course it wouldn't." Geto said, looking ahead.

"Why do you say that?" You asked.

"You saved my girls." Geto raised a finger, and kept raising more as he pointed out the things you did. "Helped Itadori master Black Flash. You even helped the Kasumi girl financially, saved Riko from death, killed Hanami, got Shoko to quit smoking—"

"I'm not sure about that one." You chuckled.

"Yeah, you failed at life." Geto said.

"Hey, don't be like that...!" You laughed.

"But, you did save Mimiko and Nanako." Geto said, looking down at the floor. "When I died, I couldn't bear to find out what would happen to them after. Thanks to you, I'm now at ease."

"Everyone will be fine." You said.

"Not without you." Geto said.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...you haven't run out of cursed energy."

. . .

Laying on your back, you felt the cursed bud deeply woven into your chest slowly drain the cursed energy  out of you, blood oozing out of you mouth as you laid back. Angered, Yuji turned towards Kenjaku and immediately ran towards him.

"Itadori." Kenjaku said.

"I'll kill you!!" Yuji exclaimed.

"I'm leaving." Kenjaku said, dodging Yuji's fists before he immediately slapped the sorcerer and landed a powerful punch to his gut. "I have more important matters to deal with right now."

"Hah—!" Yuji began, but he was grabbed at the collar and a knee slammed into his stomach made him like blood as Kenjaku grinned.

Kenjaku suddenly switched with Todo and Nanami was ready to land a clean hit at Kenjaku's head with full force, but the dull blade only clanged into Kenjaku's head as the thousand year old sorcerer looked on, unfazed.

"I couldn't get him...!" Nanami began.

"So you've arrived..." Kenjaku turned around, seeing a familiar, yet unknown sorcerer standing on the other end of the rooftop.

Feeling the powerful presence, Todo and Yuji looked towards the sorcerer. Nanami also looked, and all three sorcerers knew that he was powerful. He adjusted the ring on his finger and he pointed his sword towards Kenjaku as he eyed him down.

"I'll be the one to kill you." Yuta said.

"I'm already done here." Kenjaku said, using a bird-like cursed spirit to suddenly escape, and he kept flying into the night sky, but Yuta appeared right above the cursed spirit with his blade raised.

"Mahito." Kenjaku said and the cursed spirit suddenly appeared to block Yuta's blade, but the blade easily cut through Mahito's flesh and blood oozed out of his shoulder.

"Damn...!" Mahito began.

"Get out of my way." Yuta said, before he grabbed Mahito's neck and threw him aside, before Rika fully manifested and clawed Mahito to pieces. "You guys can deal with that one..."

"Do as he says." Nanami said to Todo and Yuji.

"Understood!" Todo said and the two immediately went after Mahito, who now landed on the street as he restored his own injuries. "There you are, cursed spirit. You ran from us earlier."

"I wasn't expecting that kid to attack me like that." Mahito said, eyeing Yuta. "He's strong. I'll enjoy killing him...just like how Geto killed (Y/N)."

"Don't talk about him." Yuji said, making a stance as he gripped his fists. "Don't you dare insult my sensei...!"

"I'll kill all of you!" Mahito said, rushing them.

Meanwhile, Yuta landed straight on the eagle-like cursed spirit. Kenjaku phased through a sword attack aimed at the neck, and Yuta suddenly appeared right behind him to attack him again, but failed to actually cut him.

"I see." Yuta thought. "Intangibility."

"He can phase through any attack, kid!" Nanami yelled from below. "You'll have to hit him as soon as he materializes and hit him hard! Judging by the fact that (Y/N)'s eye is still working, he's still alive!"

"He's got a point..." Kenjaku thought, a hand over his eye. "...I can feel it. (Y/N)...had placed a Binding Vow once I had cast the genjutsu on him. He willingly let himself get caught and let himself nearly die just so he could connect to this eye."

"I won't need this any longer." Kenjaku grabbed the eye, and proceeded to completely smash it with his other hand and restored his own eye with a reverse cursed technique. "Now, what will you do now?"

"Shit!" Nanami thought. "He disregarded the Vow completely! Now, (Y/N)'s cursed energy will begin to fall if he isn't healed!"

"He completely destroyed (Y/N)'s Binding Vow—!" Yuta thought, immediately leaping towards your body and he slammed your palm onto your chest at rapid speeds. "I've got to restore him!"

"Damn you, (Y/N)." Kenjaku looked at his now bloody hand as he escaped but he suddenly revealed that he had warped a body onto the battlefield. "You did well to stop me, but you hadn't killed this brat."

Uraume's body was restored by Kenjaku'sintellect cursed technique and they woke up before seeing Yuta and Nanami standing on the rooftop. They felt that their body was still alive, so they attacked.

"Here they come—!" Nanami began but he was suddenly encased in icing. "Shit! That monk kid got me!"

However, Yuta was quick enough to cut down the ice and Nanami broke free as Yuta held your body over his shoulder. Yuta frowned towards Uraume, who was now ready to pursue them further as they jumped off the cursed spirit.

"Nanami, was it?"

"Yeah."

"We've got to get (Y/N) to safety." Yuta said. "He needs to get proper treatment from Shoko and he needs to stay put away from the fight and let himself restore his cursed energy."

"Understood." Nanami said.

End of Chapter