Alpha - Predator & Prey - Chapter 68

Flashback

Kim Taehyung gradually climbed the stairs leading to his front porch in formal work attire upon his return from work in the city with a bag of goods for his wife and children. The man briefly glanced at his watch to ensure he was on time as he entered the mansion through the front door- but halted once he spotted the bowl-cut twins... lurking behind the staircase railing with their heads tilted upward. It appeared... they were hiding from someone on the floor above. The man smiled at their skittish behavior, cautiously creeping behind their backs, and crouched down to examine their fluffy hair before lifting his head to look up the stairs in curiosity.

"What are you doing...?" Taehyung whispered beside their ears.

"ARH!!?-*&!#^%?-" The twins screeched- jolting in a panic as they wildly spun around to find their father chuckling at their terrified faces.

"Are you trying to scare your siblings again?" Taehyung grimaced. The twins huffed in relief while patting their hammering chests before crouching beside their father with sweaty foreheads.

"Shhh~! We're playing hide and seek! Hajin is searching for us upstairs~!" Kanghoon quickly covered his father's lips. Taehyung chuckled at their cute frowns as he coiled his arms around the alerted twins to embrace them against his chest and softly pecked their rosy cheeks. 

"Appa will walk upstairs. If Hajin is not there... I'll clear my throat to let you know so you can come up, okay?" Taehyung smiled at the twins. They nodded cutely and glanced up the stairs again with cautious frowns, so the man stood up and ruffled their bowl cuts as he placed the gift bag aside before strolling up the stairs.

"Oppa~?" Hajin keenly poked her head inside her grandfather's room in her loose silk gown to search for the twins. The little girl scratched her head with a slight pout once she failed to locate her brothers and hopped through the corridor like a little bunny until she noticed her father approaching her.

"Hajin-ah~! What are you doing?" Taehyung beamed, swiftly bending down to scoop his daughter and gave her cheek a gentle peck. The father gasped in satisfaction as he absorbed the soothing baby scent from her mochi-soft skin.

"Appa~! Have you seen oppa~?" Hajin grinned as she clung to Taehyung's shoulders while glancing back and forth in suspicion to search for the mischievous twins. The man chuckled as he patted her back in the corridor.

"They're hiding downstairs. Hide here. Appa will call them upstairs so you catch them," Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows, carefully bending over to settle Hajin behind a massive vase. Fwip! Hajin cutely snatches the giant leaf to cover her face.

"Okay~! I'll catch them!" Hajin giggles while covering her lips as she crouches over the floor with her loose black hair.

"EHEM," Taehyung loudly cleared his throat while patting her head to flatten her wild strands and stood up again to signal the clueless twins on the floor below. 

The alpha chuckled at his act of betrayal as he dismissively strolled toward his bedroom... until he heard frantic footsteps racing up the staircase. Thump! Thump! The twins shoved each other in pure excitement, thinking their father was on their side, so they scrambled up the steps on their hands and legs, believing their father was signaling them to avoid Hajin, and raced into the first-floor corridor. The man hummed happily and entered his bedroom with an evil smile. 

"WAH!- GOTCHA!" Hajin shrieked, unexpectedly leaping out from behind the vase to fling her tiny body at Woojin, who screamed in a panic and tumbled backward. Thump! Kanghoon squealed, fearfully flinching in extreme bewilderment as Hajin roughly snatched their collars with a proud grin.