Alpha - Autumn Leaves - Chapter 62

Third Person POV

Kim Taehyung blinked out of his bottomless thoughts to focus his stinging eyes on the document on the wooden desk while perching on the leather armchair and slowly lowered his face to his palms. He released a deep exhale for roughly five minutes before rubbing his nose and lifted his face to stare at his wife's picture frames, positioned neatly over his desk. He glanced at the pictures of the twins in their teddy bear jumpsuits before shifting his gaze to little Beom as the child sat on Sora's lap before the vast blue sea.

The father glanced at Woobin in the other frame, who was cradling Hajin on the couch with a weak smile. He had personally captured these moments himself, and his family was undeniably the only comfort in appeasing his strained feelings. They were the reason... he was willing to stand proud and tall within the unforgiving society because he knew... his children and wife... needed a father and lover to safeguard their future.

A future free from misery and pain. Kim Taehyung was determined to achieve a happy ending for his family. Thereby, the alpha must remain alert... days and nights to defend his territory... ready to wield his sword at the charging danger when the time comes.

It is not his intention to die for his family.

Rather. Kim Taehyung will claim victory over all the battles and live for them.

That is the alpha's ultimate end goal.

The alpha released a deep exhaled after a prolonged silence of admiring his beloved family. He shut the leather folder, left his dim work room to stroll the dark corridor, and pushed open his bedroom door, expecting his wife's presence... but the mattress was empty. He turned around to open the twin's door, located on the opposite side of the corridor... until he spotted Sora... sitting on the edge of the bed with her back pressed against the bedboard, quietly dozing off with her head lowered beside her children after she spent the night comforting them.

Taehyung glanced at the crowded twin's bed to find Kanghoon hugging baby Beom on his side and Woojin sleeping in Woobin's arms on the other kingsize bed. Taehyung peeked at the crate by the foot of the mattress to find Hajin... snuggled up in her crate with a pacifier in her mouth. They were all asleep, depleted by the terrorizing incident they had witnessed earlier.

The father carefully removed the pacifier from his daughter's lips to place it in a sealed case before strolling up to his dozing wife. She was sitting beside Kanghoon with an open book in her hand. Her loose black hair... fluttering softly with every puff exerted through her parted lips. Taehyung retrieved the book from her loose grip and slipped his arms under her lightweight body, causing his wife to stir awake at the unexpected disturbance. She grumbled in confusion while clinging to his neck as he lifted her off the mattress.

"No- I want to stay-"

"There's not enough space for you to rest with them. We should reside in our room," Taehyung whispered as she sleepily blinked at him. Sora pouted and glanced at her children as her husband pushed open the door and carefully carried her out of the double-size bedroom.

"What if they get in trouble...?" Sora muttered.

Taehyung nudged open the bedroom door with his shoulder and strolled to their bed. He didn't lower his wife. Instead, the alpha crawled onto the bed with her in his arms. The man gently settled her over the delicate sheet and pulled the comforter over their bodies before slumping onto the mattress with a low grunt. His body is aching all over.

"They're safe behind the mansion walls. I've strengthened the security," The alpha assured his drowsy wife. She anxiously stared at her husband as he slid his arms under her head to offer his support.