Alpha - Cursed Child - Chapter 33

The luminous glow of white beams... blinding my sight as the powerful breeze of the car speed blasted against my vulnerable body. I whimpered... legs weakly wobbling to the ground as the car fired straight... toward me.

CRASH.

The unexpected presence of another car narrowly missed my hips as it tore past me at a deadly speed, thrusting my body aside with its propelling force. I stumbled backward with Bogum's lifeless body... as the sports rammed right into the dented car, violently steering it off the road until it flipped over on the sidewalk. CRASH. I squinted at the blinding headlights as the two vehicles wildly drifted across the asphalt. A burst of sparks scattered all over the road as the tire-screeching sound tore through the empty street.

My legs wobbled weakly- Thud. I fell hard onto the rough road. CRASH.

An ear-splitting sound erupted again, causing my heart to drop in fear as I watched... the glowing orange blaze... bursting toward the peaceful night sky. My eyes bulged open in shock at the scene of the explosion. W-What just happened? Where did the other car come from?!

I frantically glanced around the empty street to search for help and back to the dented car

I frantically glanced around the empty street to search for help and back to the dented car... that was now upside down on the pavement and to the burning sportscar in horror. My eyes swelled with warm tears as I stared at the familiar plate number on the back of the car. Why is he here!? I froze on the road once I noticed... a man.... struggling to open the car door. The fallen street sign... blocking his path as he repeatedly shoved the door to escape the fire.

"Taehyung?!" I screamed, scrambling onto my feet in fear as he frantically thumped his fist against the cracked window to force open his damaged door but failed miserably. The alpha suddenly lowered his head and slumped weakly against the car seat. The fire dangerously caught on the engine, so I gulped at the disorder and stepped forward just as an icy jolt pounded my hollow chest with its darkness. Halt.

I stood blankly... watching Kim Taehyung sit motionless with his head titled against the window. His bright red blood... trickling from his hairline as the raging fire expanded toward the inner compartment. Should I leave him to die...? He doesn't deserve to live.

SORA! HE SAVED YOU AND BOGUM!

Blink. I snapped out of my dark thoughts at the strong odor of the burning fuel, causing my numbed chest to pulsate in fear. I shook my head to resist the dark temptation, gripped my hands, and sprinted toward the blackspot's car.