Alpha - Silent Killer - Chapter 22

Sora's POV

The vehicle slowly came to a stop on the pavement, ultimately announcing our arrival at the usual looming twin mansions. The radiant headlights... illuminating the other cars as the elders and Jungkook gathered at the door to discuss the council eruption over my shocking decision. I'm in trouble... again. I fearfully turned to stare at Taehyung's dark expression as he sat with his grim gaze fixed forward. He didn't speak to me on our way home, but I could sense his rage... seeping from under his skin.

"Leave her be," Taehyung ordered, stopping the driver from getting out of the car to assist me. The driver turned to look at me anxiously as Taehyung stepped off on his own. I gulped at his order and pushed the door open but gasped in shock when Taehyung swung the door open, seized my wrist and hastily yanked me out, causing me to stumble out of the backseat.

"Tae-" I whimpered, trying to tug my wrist out of his painful grip, but he refused to loosen his fingers and yanked me towards the mansion with all his might. The elders paused between their conversations to watch Taehyung drag me with him. They didn't react. Do-hwan abruptly appeared before the door with his arms crossed, blocking Taehyung from the entrance with a stern face.

"Get the fuck out of my way," Taehyung lowly warned the man, who stood his ground without a hint of fear. Do-hwan glanced at Taehyung's tight grip on my wrist, then lifted his gaze to study my tearful eyes.

"Release the supreme alpha. You have no right to drag her around at your will," Do-hwan redirected his sharp stare to Taehyung, who was fuming darkly. Taehyung possessively tightened his grip around my wrist at Do-hwan's claim, causing me to whimper uncomfortably.

"Her parents don't seem to care though. Who are you to say otherwise?" Taehyung nodded at my mother, who was coldly staring at me. The elders are bitter about my decision to free Yangcha from their evil grips.

"Respectfully let go of the supreme alpha before I'm compelled to stop you with force," Do-hwan clenched his jaw at Taehyung.

"Stop me, and I'll break her wrist," Taehyung sneered, dismissively shoving Do-hwan aside but halted when he felt a strong force holding him back. The alpha wildly snapped his head towards Do-hwan, but it wasn't the man... who was restraining him. I blinked in confusion. Slowly, I glanced down to find another hand gripping tightly onto Taehyung's upper arm. My eyes widened in shock once I found Jeon Jungkook glowering at Kim Taehyung.

"Release her," Jungkook gritted at his cousin. Taehyung scoffed at the alpha's demand as he shifted his deadly stare... to Jungkook's tense frown.

"How dare you touch me-"

"Jang Sora is the supreme alpha. She might be your lover, but you are not legally wedded yet- so learn to respect her status. You are nothing without her," Jungkook snarled.

Taehyung sucked in his inner cheeks in discontent as he unblinkingly stared at his cousin before shifting his murderous gaze to Jungkook's firm grip. I stared at the alphas in fear, assuming Taehyung would attack Jungkook... so I turned to Do-hwan for help. The chief guard was ready to pounce on Taehyung. The tension became more deadly as the half-blood and the bodyguard cornered Kim Taehyung on either side... and to my surprise... Taehyung softened his grip around my wrist.

"Taehyung, my love! You shouldn't hurt your soon-to-be bride!" Mrs. Kim nervously interfered as Taehyung held an intense eye contact with Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung fully released my hand, so I quickly pulled away to rub my wrist with a slight grimace. Did he have to clench so hard? Jungkook side-way glanced at my bruised wrist as he cautiously released his older cousin's arm. Taehyung shifted his killer stare to my pained reaction, so Jungkook gently tugged me behind his back to prevent his cousin from reaching for me.