Chapter 29

An hour later, the teams gathered in the area Shigaraki had mentioned in his video. They split, and hid around the place. It was an abandoned building miles away from the city, it looked like a hospital. The teams where all outside.

"What is happening now?" Shoto asked, as both he and Bakugo turned to Endeavor.

Endeavor looked at Aizawa, who was the leader of the team, without saying a word.

"Breaking news Shoto, Bakugo." Aizawa began. "During his transportation to Tartarus, Toya gave a police officer a file. He asked it was delivered specifically to me. The file contained information about Shigaraki and the rest of the Leauge Of Villains."

Both Shoto and Bakugo were left speechless. Dabi had done what? Why?

"You mean Toya... helped us?" Shoto asked in disbelief.

"He did. Though he only trusted me with this information, I don't know what this means exactly. The file mentioned something about a power... I couldn't tell what it was. He called it "One For All". Apparently it has to do with Midoriya.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Bakugo screamed internally, debating on whether to go after Shigaraki or Midoriya. Looking at Shoto though, he decided the lecturing could wait.

"Do you have this file with you?" Shoto asked.

"You know what Toya meant, don't you?" Aizawa sighed looking at the two. He gave Shoto the file, who studied it along with Bakugo.

"Don't you think you could have given this to us earlier?" Bakugo complained, though he got no answer.

"Katsuki, it says-..." Shoto lowered his voice before continuing. "It says quirks Midoriya hasn't unlocked can't be stolen. How did Toya get this?"

"Read all of it, idiot. He says he overheard All For One and Shigaraki talking about Deku. That damn nerd can't just shut-"

"It can wait Katsuki. Focus on this now." Shoto sighed. "Okay, according to this, Shigaraki isn't in a state to steal multiple quirks yet."

Five minutes later or so, they had read the whole file. They returned it to Aizawa.

"So what'd you get?" he asked.

"There aren't many villains." Shoto answered "The only ones are Shigaraki, Himiko Toga, Spinner and Magestic. Just the main members of the Leauge."

"Well... I hate to say this, but you and Bakugo will have to go in first. On your own."

"Yeah we figured." Bakugo said rougly, grabbing Shoto by the arm and heading inside the building.

"Don't be reckless Bakugo. Don't provoke a fight." Aizawa warned, unsure if Bakugo could hear him or not.

Though he did get a response.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Just trust us, will you?" Bakugo answered before entering the building.

"'Us'?... Looks like Todoroki has helped you more than I thought he would." Aizawa thought.

"Alright, time to kick some ass!" Mirko said loudly, heading to the building after Shoto and Bakugo were out of sight.

"Mirko. What are you doing?" Endeavor asked.

"What? Someone needs to watch over the boys. They're strong blah blah blah, but they aren't pros. They're still just kids. We can't know what Shigaraki might do." Mirko became more serious. "Someone needs to keep an eye on them."

"Alright then. Go. But if you are noticed, leave immediately. DON'T start a fight before team 2 gives us a signal." Aizawa said.

"Got it." Mirko went in.

It was now Aizawa and Endeavor left.

"Say, Endeavor... Why didn't you take the lead?" Aizawa asked. "Why did you insist I did?"

Endeavor took a deep breath (prepare for speech 🗿).

"Listen, Eraser Head. My own son trusted you over me with invaluable information. You've been there for Shoto more than I have, took care of him. I'm sure he sees you as the father I couldn't be for him, and Toya clearly respects you more than he respects me. Same goes for Bakugo. He visibly likes you more as well, which is... truly surprising. In a group where all three of them are involved, you are the one who should lead us. Not me, despite being ranked higher."

Aizawa took a moment to think.

"Don't be so harsh on yourself, Endeavor (no please don't be shy, go kys- apologies, it's 12am.). It's true I don't know exactly what has happened with your family, but first of all, you shouldn't pay much attention to Bakugo's attitude. He simply needs time to adjust to someone new, and considering you are in his way of becoming the number one hero, he's been making a clear effort to open up to you. Probably because you're Shoto's father. And Toya doesn't really know me that well. He only trusted me because I'm Shoto's teacher. Finally, Shoto..."

Aizawa made a pause. As if he questioned if he should go on.

"Shoto has been trying to get to like you. I've talked with him several times, though I never forced him to tell me the exact situation. He says your relationship is... 'complicated'. Judging by Toya appearing out of nowhere and everything I've learnt, I have to tell you, Endeavor: Shoto is trying. Neither he nor I can know if it will end the way he wants it to."

Endeavor listened to everything Aizawa said.

"I see." he said. "But none of this changes the fact that you've been a better father to Shoto than I have. I want to personally thank you for being there for him when neither Rei nor I could."

"... I'm just a teacher."

Not long after Aizawa said that, he and Endeavor spotted Mirko coming out of the building. She seemed to be in a panic.

"Endeavor! Eraser!" she said mid way, actually out of breath.

"What is it Mirko? What happened!?" Aizawa yelled, before he and Endeavor got to her. "Where are Shoto and Bakugo?"

"They... They disappeared! I was listening in to their conversation with Shigaraki, when they suddenly disappeared. There's no sign of them!"

"WHAT!?" Endeavor seemed to have lost it, while Aizawa remained calm.

He contacted team 2.

[Conversation through device.]

Aizawa: Team 2, someone answer me. This is Eraser.
Midnight: Eraser? What's going on?
Aizawa: Have you captured Kurogiri yet?
Midnight: No not yet, though we have a clear view of him. Why?
Aizawa: Has he used his quirk at all?
Midnight: No? What happened Eraser?
Aizawa: Damn it... Bakugo and Shoto are missing. Along with Shigaraki.
Midnight: They're WHAT!?
Aizawa: Focus on capturing Kurogiri. Our team will look for them for now.
Midnight: We'll make this quick...

[End of conversation.]

[With team 2.]

"Alright, you heard Eraser." Midnight spoke. "We gotta capture Kurogiri quickly. Bakugo, Shoto and Shigaraki have gone missing. Team 1 is looking for them."

"Damn, this sucks... So Aizawa won't come here, huh?" Mic asked.

"No, searching for the kids and Shigaraki is his priority. We have to hurry and go help them. Inform the police that they're missing, Mic."

"Alright, then let's get this over with." Thirteen sighed and looked at Kurogiri, who hadn't taken notice of them yet.

************************************

Drama?... Nah...
...

Next chapter will be uploaded on Thursday after 7pm, though time isn't the same for all of us ig... I'm from Greece, you can work with that 👍🏼