Chapter 25: Don't cry

Todoroki eventually woke up, to a frightened Bakugo.

"What happened Bak- Katsuki?"

"Nothing... you were just asleep for a while, I got worried."

"Don't worry. I'm fine."

"Right... Deku wants to talk to you, that damn nerd."

"Oh... Well, isn't going to the police a priority?"

"Yeah. I'll let him talk to you later."

"... Thank you for being considerate."

"Don't mention it."

With that, Bakugo kissed him. He was able to calm him down a bit, thankfully. He could tell Todoroki didn't feel great.

They informed Aizawa that they were ready to go to the police, and after Aizawa informed the principal, he accompanied the two to the police station. On the way, he decided to ask some questions.

"So you two are dating, aren't you?"

For some reason, Bakugo got mad hearing that, so Todoroki spoke instead.

"Yes. We are."

To their surprise, Aizawa smiled.

"Good. Maybe you'll be able to help with Bakugo's temper, Todoroki."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bakugo asked, definately mad.

Todoroki and Aizawa laughed at the same time, leaving Bakugo questioning what was so funny. He couldn't understand he had just confirmed Aizawa's point by making an unusually calm comment.

The three made it to the station, where Todoroki's and Bakugo's families already were. Fuyumi ran to the two and hugged them.

"I'm so glad you're well and here Shoto! And thank you so much for helping him Bakugo!" she was nearly crying.

"Uh- it's fine, really."

"Everything is fine Fuyumi. Can we... see Toya now?"

"Right, of course."

"Follow me you two." the chief approached them, getting straight (gay*) to the point.

They nodded and followed him, to a cell that looked far more advanced than the rest. Bakugo noticed Aizawa was following them.

"Why are you following us?"

"I'll be with you to erase Dabi's quirk in case anything goes wrong. I won't interrupt whatever you have to talk about."

"... Right."

When they reached the cell, the chief made eye contact with Aizawa and left the three. Dabi walked to the edge of the cell, facing them. The bars were the only thing separating them.

"Hey Shoto... and Katsuki. And Eraser Head. Their teacher..."

"Toya... are you..." Shoto didn't have the energy to finish his sentence. He was already shaking.

"Yes, Shoto. I'll be transported to Tartarus. Tomorrow."

Shoto held onto the bars and looked down. He cried.

"Damn it." he mumbled.

"Don't cry Shoto... not for me. I don't deserve it." Dabi looked down as well.

Aizawa watched in silence. Bakugo hugged Shoto to comfort him, and looked at Dabi.

"You were right back there. I do love Shoto, even if it's difficult to admit."

"Heh... I figured you were that type of person. I like you. Just... don't become like my old man, 'kay? I can tell you are competitive, don't turn into the bastard he is."