Chapter 3: I'm here

Once they were in the dorm, Bakugo finally noticed that the entire class was missing.

"Where are all these idiots?"

"Don't you know?" Todoroki asked, he thought that Bakugo would at least know where they had gone. "They went to the mall."

"Really? They sure like to waste their time."

"And I assume you did something more creative, like stay locked in your room."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT ICYHOT? YOU WERE OUTSIDE THE WHOLE TIME."

"So you were watching me?" Todoroki thought, but even though he wanted to ask that out loud, he knew it wouldn't end well.

"ANSWER ME DAMN IT!"

"You don't have to yell. It wasn't that hard to guess, you rarely come out of your room."

"Drop that emotionless act of yours, will you?"

"I don't act like anyth-"

"Oh shut up. You scarcely express emotions, and it's damn annoying. You're way too calm. Although... you weren't that calm back there, were you?"

Todoroki stayed silent.

"He heard me, didn't he?"

"I could have felt that negativity from you from a mile away. So say, what's up?"

"... The numbness is going away. I'll be able to stand on my own in a minute or so." he tried to change the subject, but since he was talking to none other than Bakugo Katsuki, he miserably failed.

"If you think you can avoid my question, think again. I don't give a damn if you'll be able to walk in a minute or an hour from now so tell me, what the fuck was that aura from you?"

Todoroki thought for a moment.

"It wouldn't hurt telling him, right? I mean, it's Bakugo... The last person I expected to talk to. But he's concerned. He cares. Why? During the exam, he kept staring at me too. What's changed?"

"OI, ICYHOT!"

"What- yes?"

"... You're even worse than you look. You spaced out, and still haven't answered my question damn it."

"... Let's get to my room first, I need to sit down."

Bakugo reluctantly agreed, since he had no choice, and after they had reached Todoroki's room the latter sat on his bed and sighed before speaking.

"It's my father."

"Endeavor?" Bakugo immediately knew something serious was going on, and some of the previous ice still on Todoroki's left arm was just further proof.

"He came at the exam, and made a fuss about how I didn't belong there, since 'there's no way I actually failed'. You must have noticed."

"Of course I did, I'm not blind or deaf damn it." while he didn't sound any less hostile than usual, his tone encouraged Todoroki to go on.

"It's not like it bothered me much, or at least it shouldn't have. But I was just so pissed off when I saw him there. I never even invited him, he basically invited himself as the 'big number one'." Todoroki sounded more unstable now, he was sweating, his voice was unsteady and he had begun shaking a bit.

Bakugo noticed his situation, but let him continue.

"I DIDN'T WANT HIM TO BE THERE DAMN IT! I CAN'T PRETEND LIKE I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. HE KEEPS ACTING LIKE I WANT TO FOLLOW WHATEVER PATH HE HAS READY FOR ME, AND JUST WON'T ACCEPT THAT I DON'T NEED HIM. IT'S... FRUSTRATING!"

At that point, Todoroki was going to have a panic attack, accompanied by a breakdown. Bakugo realized that soon enough, and after making a promise to disappear for eternity after this was over, he walked to Todoroki's direction, and hugged him.

The latter was so shocked that no words came out of his mouth, but tears didn't leave his eyes either. Bakugo considered that a win.

"Just shut up and calm down now. I get it."

It was one of these few moments Bakugo revealed his soft side, which Todoroki greatly appreciated. Now though, he realized how much these short moments actually affected him. Giving up on thinking, he hugged Bakugo back.

A few minutes later, Bakugo let go of Todoroki and sat next to him.

"Feeling better?" he asked, looking at the floor.

"... Thank you."

"Don't let your dad affect you. That bastard has no power over you and can't force you into anything. He can't control you, even if he's your father. Got it?"

Todoroki nodded, and looked at the floor as well.

"Do I tell him? What will he think of me?"

"... Icyhot?" Bakugo could see that he was spacing out once again.

"There's something else... I don't know how to say it..."

"Don't push yourself. You don't need to tell me everything." after that, Bakugo got up.

Todoroki watched him walk to the door.

"Just know that if you need someone to talk to... I'm here to listen." with that, he left the room.