Chapter 1: You sure are acting strangely

Todoroki and Bakugo were heading back to the dorms after their lisence exam was over. They had both passed, and had caught the villains who were later dealt with by the police. It was late. Todoroki was silent and looked emotionless as usual, while Bakugo next to him seemed as aggresive as ever. However, he looked like something was troubling him.

"Why do I feel like that? It's not like I should care anyway, so why?" Bakugo thought. "That half and half bastard dealt with the ice just fine on his own... Well, we were late to get back..."

Todoroki hadn't taken notice of how troubled Bakugo was, until the latter spoke to him.

"Oi, Icyhot. You think you could have melted that ice sooner or what?"

"You could have helped if you were in such a hurry." Todoroki responded, still not realizing how Bakugo felt. How could he anyway, since he was always so damn difficult to talk to.

"I'm just annoyed I had to wait for you."

Todoroki didn't respond, he, along with the rest of the class, were used to Bakugo's attitude.

"... Sorry." Bakugo said, quite silently but Todoroki still heard him.

"About what?" he asked, trying to process the fact that Bakugo had just apologised.

"For not helping with the ice, damn it. We would have gotten here sooner." Bakugo was annoyed now, probably at himself, but felt like he had no energy left to yell.

"Oh, don't worry about it. I'm not in a hurry anyway." Todoroki answered, weirded out by Bakugo's sudden change. But he couldn't say he didn't appreciate it.

They then reached the dorms, and when they entered, their classmates congratulated them on passing the exam. Bakugo barely looked at anyone and headed straight to his room, while Todoroki stayed with Midoriya, who was ready to write down every last bit of every single last detail Todoroki mentioned about the exam.

"So they made you work with younger kids?" Kirishima asked, still finding Bakugo's behavior strange.

"Yes." Todoroki answered.

"And what happened to Bakugo? He seemes quite mad. Well, I can't even imagine him dealing with kids, but did it really go that bad? He passed the exam after all."

"After the exam, we ran into some villains on our way back. He's probably mad at them." Todoroki lied, being sure that he was the actual reason Bakugo was mad. But he hadn't even done anything, had he?

The next day at school, Bakugo completely ignored Todoroki, which was weird since he'd normally yell "ICYHOT!" or "HALF AND HALF" at least twice a day. But it didn't happen today. Even Midoriya noticed it, but knew he had no way of getting an answer since Todoroki was clueless as well and Bakugo would n e v e r tell him.

"Sir can we just stop the lesson, I'm tired!" Mina complained. "The lesson will be over in a few minutes anyway!"

"If you interrupt me again." Aizawa answered, not even finishing his sentence. He didn't have to.

However, seeing that the whole class was exhausted, he decided to just give them their homework and let them go.

"For your project next week, you will work in pairs. DON'T interrupt me Mina, the pairs are already chosen. The first pair is, Bakugo and Todoroki."

Both looked at Aizawa like they had seen a ghost. Finally, Bakugo acted like Todoroki existed.

"With Icyhot!? Seriously!? Why the heck do I have to work with him?"

"You two got your lisences yesterday, this is why. Now shut up, I'm tired."

"Tch." Bakugo looked back down at his desk, not even glancing at Todoroki, who had no idea how to react. Midoriya looked at him kinda concerned, feeling a deadly aura from in front of him.

When school was over, Kirishima tried to talk out of Bakugo the reason he was furious all day, but couldn't get anything.

"He's never this worked up... Is it because of the project with Todoroki?" he wondered.

Bakugo realized what Kirishima was thinking, to the latter's bad luck.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING HUH SHITTY HAIR?"

"Calm down Bakugo, you've been acting weird all day. You're usually mad and all but this is next level man. What's gotten into you?"

Bakugo didn't answer. Instead he kicked a small rock on the ground, and looked ahead, pissed off. Kirishima sighed, giving up and focusing on walking back to the dorms.