Chapter 40: The Leader's Summit

"Be ready, because this is a very long one. Enjoy!"

Kuoh Academy

Today was the day of the Leader's Summit for the Three Great Powers. Outside of Kuoh Academy, Vali and Crimson could be seen hovering in the air over the school.

Vali: Tonight's finally the night. All the higher ups are gathering to discuss the most boring issues ever to be discussed.

Crimson: I'll have to agree, I'm not looking foward to this meeting tonight.

They both looked over to see a girl with black hair sitting on a pole.

???: "There's nothing left in this boring world to interest me."

Vali and Crimson: Ophis?

Ophis: Vali, Crimson. That is what you always say, isn't that right, Vali?

Crimson: She has a point, you know. You're always saying that.

Vali: Yes, because it's true. There's nothing left in this boring world to interest me.

Crimson: I don't know about that. You'd be amazed what this world can offer you.

(Timeskip)

The Demon Castle Dungeon

[Moving to the 100th Floor]

After completing and advancing from the 99th Floor of The Demon Castle Dungeon, Kagari made his way towards the final floor, The 100th Floor. He wanted to finish this before he had to leave for the Leader's Summit tonight.

[Kagari Sanashi LV. 92]

Kagari's Thoughts: Were almost done, let's finish this.

The 100th Floor

As he walked through the gate leading to the 100th Floor, Kagari was now standing in the throne room of the Demon's Castle, but there were no monsters or any other enemy in sight.

Kagari's Thoughts: An empty throne room, huh? This feels very familiar to me...

Just then, a growing black smoke turned into burning red fire could be seen wrapping around the throne as the Final Boss of the Dungeon revealed itself to him.

Kagari's Thoughts: So, he's the Boss.

The Boss of The Demon Castle Dungeon was a tall muscular demon who had a skull for a head and was in black coated armor and thick metallic skin with two long black horns.

Once the Demon Boss laid eyes on Kagari, he stood up from his throne and began to walk towards him and his hand started glowing red.