Chapter 35: Akeno's Truths

Evening, Akeno's Home

Soon enough, after walking up the massive flight of stairs to the shrine, Kagari and Akeno were now walking on the stone walkway that led to Akeno's home, which resmbled a shrine.

Kagari: So this where you live, Akeno?

Akeno: Yes, do you like it?

Kagari: Yeah, it's very nice. But I thought Devils weren't allowed anywhere near shrines like this.

Akeno: There's no need to worry about me, I'll be fine even though I am a Devil. We have a special agreement behind the scenes.

Kagari's Thoughts: Hmm, wonder what she means by that.

Kagari: How did you even get a place like this?

Akeno: After previous the God left this shrine, it remained unused for quite sometime. Then, Rias managed to find a way to get a hold of this place for me.

Kagari: That was nice of her.

Akeno took the lead and led Kagari inside. Kagari took off his shoes at the entrance and followed her inside her home. Everything looked so old-fashioned.

Akeno: Is there anything I could get you? Like some tea, perhaps?

Kagari: Umm, no thanks. I don't want to be a bother to you...

Akeno: Are you sure? I don't mind.

Kagari: Yes, I'm sure. Thanks anyway. But Akeno, I have a question for you.

Akeno: Yes?

Kagari: Do you live here all by yourself?

Akeno: Y-Yes, it's true. I live alone here.

Kagari: It's so quiet in here compared to all the noise in the clubroom and at my homd. Hey, uh...

Akeno: Hmm?

Kagari: If it gets too lonely in here for you. You can always feel free to come over to my place if you want.

Akeno: Really?

Kagari: Sure. I don't see why you couldn't come over.

She paused for a moment. Stared deep into his eyes for a moment before flinging her arms around him into a hug until she forced herself to break away.

Akeno: Thank you. But hold on, I had to do some cleaning around the house before you came over so my outfit is a bit dirty. I'm going to go and change.

 I'm going to go and change