Chapter 2: The Training Begins

As punishment for not completing the system's daily quest, Kagari was now running through a desert area with multiple centipede monsters after him.

Kagari: AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

System: [Time Remaining 0H 0MIN 07SEC]

He only had seven more seconds left as the centipede was getting closer, ready to eat him.

Suddenly, Kagari found himself back inside of his hospital room, and he fell to his knees while breathing heavily.

System: [You have completed the Penalty Quest.]

Kagari: P-Penalty Quest...?

System: [Your rewards for completing the Penalty Quest have arrived. Would you like to accept?]

Before he could process anything else, Kagari's fell to the ground unconscious due to his exhaustion.

Just then, a nurse came into his room to see Kagari knocked out on the floor.

Nurse: Oh my gosh! What happened here?! Someone please come and help!

(Timeskip: Four Days Later)

It has now been a few days since Kagari's experience in the Penalty Zone. Now that he understands that The System is real, he is now taking the training regimen he was given very seriously.

There were a few new things he has figured out about The System.

First, no one else could see it but him.

Second, it also had the ability to grant gifts and magic power as rewards.

Finally, he could use it to check in on his own status and personal inventory just like a video game.

It was now late in the afternoon on that day when Kagari went to the hospital's front desk.

Kagari: Hey, can I take a leave for today?

Nurse: It's fine, but where are you going?

Kagari: I just have to take care of some business outside, that's all.

(Timeskip)

In the city, Kagari could be seen standing by the entrance of a nearby subway. He looked down and held a green key in his hand.

Kagari: Okay, it's time to figure out what this does?

System: Item: [Class E Dungon Key. "A key that allows you to create an instant dungeon."]

Kagari: A key that can open instant dungeons.

Kagari: (So that place from before was known as a dungeon...but if it is, will this...help me grow stronger...?)

Kagari: If that's the case, then it's worth trying out!