(Season 2 Finale: Part 1) Chapter 42: The Final Challenge

Kuoh Academy, Battlefield

As the battle between The Red Dragon and The White Dragon was underway, another battle has begun.

The Reawakened Human, Kagari Sanashi was now facing off against the weapon of The Old Satan Faction, a clone Baran, The Monarch of White Flames.

Before their fight began, Kagari thought to himself...

"4 Years..."

Kagari's Thoughts: 4 years...It has been 4 long years...since...I lost Mom...I made her a promise before her eyes closed...that no matter what, I would save her...

Kagari's Thoughts: Ever since that day, it's been up to me...the burden she carried became my own....after years of hard work, pain, suffering...I finally found a way to save her and bring her back to us.....I can finally fulfill my promise to her...

Kagari's Thoughts: But right now, in this very moment.....

Kagari's Thoughts: This will be my final challenge before I can save my mother

Kagari's Thoughts: This will be my final challenge before I can save my mother. He is standing in my way. It doesn't matter to me if he's meant to be a powerful demon. I will not be defeated here.

Kagari stomped his foot on the ground.

Kagari's Thoughts: I will win this fight.

Just then, a panel from the System appeared before him.

Emergency Quest: Slay the Demon

Baran, The Monarch of White Flames has marked you as an enemy. Slay him and assure your safety. Failure will result in the Player's heart stopping.
Enemies required to kill: 1
Enemies killed: 0

Reward: A New Unique Skill will be given to you as a reward.

As they walked towards each other, Kagari went into his inventory and drew his Twin Nightblades. Just then, Baran appeared to he charging an attack from his mouth.

Suddenly, Baran unleashed a fully charged breath attack, but Kagari summoned Tusk who managed to block it using his Hyum of Protection.

Kagari's Thoughts: Even after fighting Azazel, he still has this much power. I have to finish him quickly.

For assistance, Kagari summoned Iron and Igris out of his shadow to attack Baran.

Iron charged at Baran and swung his axe at him, but with a single swipe of his hand, Baran destroyed Iron's axe and stabbed him with his sword, defeating him.

Then, Igris jumped in the air, attempting an attack from above, but Baran caught his sword and blasted him with his fire breath attack, defeating him as well.