But it's game over. The elevator releases the annoying beep and the doors open.

Or so I thought the game was over.

"He works for the UN," Chasity informs me and walks out of the elevator, not looking back to see if I'm following her.

I stare at her retreating form, jaw agape. 

Did I hear her right? 

Are my ears playing tricks on me? 

Has my mind finally snapped?

Is Chasity's father seriously working for the United Nations?!

It's not until the elevator doors begin to close that I finally unfreeze. I throw myself in between the closing doors, forcing them to stop and follow after Chasity. Even if I lose her, it's no biggie. I know how to get to Reece's with my eyes closed! That would be talent show worthy if knowing how to get to your crush's eyes closed wasn't classified as creepy. 

But, at the end of the day, I would prefer to have Chasity by my side. She might not be a real super hero but I've seen her in action to know that I'm safe as long as I'm with her. 

Knowing what I have to do, it takes me a couple of seconds before I spot Chasity's gorgeous blonde hair in the midst of all the pedestrians.

Seeing her makes me think back to what she said barely a minute ago.

Her father works for the UN.

I pick up the pace in order to try and catch up with one thought running through my mind:

Well, that's just spiffin'!

=====* * *=====

The elevator doors close behind us as Chasity and I step into another elevator. This time around, the elevator is heading up; up to Reece's penthouse.

With determination running through my veins, I make my move. "What is your father's position at the U-," my interrogation is put to a stand still at that exact moment when Chasity covers my mouth with her hand, muffling my words. I glance up at her curiously to meet Chasity's frightening warning glare.

Clearly Chasity isn't in the mood to discuss her father. I wonder why is that? I try to ask but I can't utter a single word through Chasity's hold. At this rate, I won't get the answers I'm looking for. Reece's floor is fast approaching so, in order to regain back my freedom, I become that kid.

The gross kid that uses her wet tongue to lick Chasity's palm.

"Ew, gross!" Chasity exclaims in disgust, pulling her hand off from me. She wipes her soaked hand on her jeans, muttering 'ew' continuously and cursing under her breath. I, on the other hand, can't help myself and grin mischievously, thinking how awesome it would have been if Bailey was here to witness this. Either, Bailey would give me a high five or punch me. Putting faith in our friendship, I ignore the latter possibility. 

"It's your fault," I tease, grinning at Chasity like an evil, victorious toddler. I really feel like a little kid again. Now all I have to do is go whine and tattle to someone that Chasity was being a meanie and I can officially call myself an immature and reckless child. 

Chasity sends me another round of her famous glares. My grin is wiped off my face the moment I meet her murderous eyes and I sober up instantly. At this point, I much rather be stuck in awkward silence with Reece than in an elevator with a pissed off Chasity. At least with Reece, I know I'll walk away with all my limbs and my life in my hands.

With Chasity, my life is questionable. 

Chasity stomps over to my half of the elevator until she is up close and personal. I lean so far back from the close proximity to the point that my back using the elevator wall for support. I gulp nervously, avoiding Chasity's furious gaze and decide to settle on looking down on the floor. I examine my black winter boots that are soaked from the melting snow.