Old Wounds, New Enemies

(Random request by aniHaskovi)

4 years ago...

Judge: "Katya Ulemek, you are hereby sentenced to life in prison for your crimes. You will at this moment be locked in the Azraelov Prag prison where you will live for the remainder of your days."

In a courtroom, security guards approached a woman standing at a podium with her hands shackled as she looked at them with frustration. Before her, the judge flipped over a page in her file as he adjusted his glasses while she was escorted out of the courtroom.

In front of the crowd there to bear witness to her trial, 3 men sat at desks with their names on them as they watched her get taken away to be sentenced to life in prison. These 3 men, were Lieutenant Adin Nanic, Senior Officer Adob Jashari, and Staff Sergeant Alip Aksoy. Alip looked at Adin, concerned.

Alip: "We made the right call, right?"

Adin: "Nothing to worry about. She will live in prison - she won't hurt anyone anymore..."

Present day...

Adin, Adob, and Alip sit in the office of his boss, the CEO of the PMC, Ahmed Delíc, who inserted a CD Adin took from the port in Urzikstan and gave it to Ahmed who watches it with the 3 men.

Ahmed: "It's obvious that there's a big issue at play... A prison can't hold anyone forever. It can, but people like her are stronger than what everyone in that room thought."

Adin: "I heard about her escape... Her troops came."

Ahmed: "She's forged an army, Adin. One like the KLA, but stronger. They're called the Serbian Liberation Army. They're well equipped like Al-Qatala in the East, but they're operating here in the Balkans."

Adin: "So, what's the play, sir?"

Silence fills the office as the CEO takes a breath and looks at Adin and his colleagues before leaning back into his seat,

Ahmed: "For now, there's not much. All I can tell you to do now is to lay low. She's for sure going after you 3 for testifying against her."

A hum escapes from Adin who nods as he looks at his boss. He, Alip, and Adob stand with their hands behind their backs as Adin clears his throat.

Adin: "Yes sir."

Ahmed: "Good. Be on your guard, Adin. She and her army are unpredictable. As for the 2 of you, do the same."

Adob & Alip: "Yes sir."

Ahmed: "Dismissed."

The trio walk out of the office, meeting up with the rest of Adin's colleagues. Malika, Hamsa, Rohan, and Layla.

Malika: "So..."

The trio look at Malika and the rest of the squad with Adin taking a deep breath as he eyes everyone.

Adin: "Adob, Alip and I will have to lay low... I'm heading home. Back to Bužim. Adob and Alip will be with me."

Malika: "I see. So, what's the play? I mean what do we do while you're lying low?"

Adin: "Stay put, I guess. I'll call you if I need you."

The woman nods at Adin, saluting to him as he salutes to her. The rest salt at the 3 men who walk toward the elevator to leave the Lions building and its complex.

3 hours later...

A black SUV pulls up outside of a cosy wooden cabin in Bužim, Bosnia. Stepping out of it, Adin, Adob, and Alip all gaze at it, seeing it empty with Adin stepping forward toward it before reaching into his pocket to grab out a pair of keys.