Chapter 26

Your prov

The next day we arrived at the dark island. "So, what do you think is in there?" "Our worst nightmare" Edmund said.

"Our darkest wishes" Caspian continued. "Pure evil" the Captain said. "A crazy old man" I said and they looked at me weirdly. "You never know" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Tavros, unlock the armory. Archers, prepare yourselves." The captain demanded and the crew started getting ready and so did we.

I put on some armor and put my sword inti my belt. Then met up with the rest on the deck.

"No matter what happens here, every soul who stand before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader. Together we have traveled far. Together we have faced adversity. Together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fear's temptations. Be strong. Never give in. Our world, our Narnian lives depend on it. Think of the lost souls we're here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia." Caspian said.

"You gotta give it to him, he is good at giving speeches" Aaron whispered to me. "For Narnia!" Everyone yelled.

I turned back to Aaron, but before I could say anything he stopped me. "I know, I know stay with one of you at all times." He said.

I smiled at him and handed him a sword. He looked at me surprised. "I saw your duel with Reepicheep and you training with him in the extra time we had, just don't die. Cause if you die out here, I dont think you can go back home" I warned him and he nodded.

As we entered the island more and more a green mist started flooting around us. Edmund stood next to me to protect me.

I turned to Edmund and held his hand. "Whatever you see its not real, don't listen to it" I told him and he nodded. But then I heard his voice behind me. "I don't like you anymore, you are so weak, so pathetic. How could anyone love you. Look at you, you not even half as beautiful as that star." It spoke.

I shook my head and kept repeating in my mind that is wasn't true. Then I felt Edmund squeeze my hand and it snapped me out of it. I looked at him and smiled and he smiled back.

Then I felt Edmund tense up. "Go away. You're dead." He said to something, but I couldn't see it. "No!" He yelled and I turned his face to me. "It's okay, its not real" I told him and he nodded.

Then we heard a loud moaning sound coming from the distance. "Keep away" it yelled. "We do not fear you" Caspian yelled.

"Nor I you!" It yelled back. Edmund grabbed his flashlight and snined it at the sound. It showed an old crazy man and Edmund looked at me. "Told you" I smirked.

"You will not defeat me." The man yelled holding up his sword. "Caspian his sword!" Edmund yelled.

"Lord Rhoop" caspian yelled and ran to the side of the ship closed to the man. "You do not own me!" The man yelled. "Stand down. Lets get him on board, quickly" Caspian ordered amd Eustace picked up the man and dropped him onto the ship.

"Be calm, my lord" Caspian tried to calm him down. "Off me, demon!" The man yelled. "No, my lord. We are not here to hurt you. I am your king, Caspian"

"Caspian? My lord!" The man said shocked, turning around to Caspian. Touching his face in disbelief.

"You should not have come. There's no way out of here. Quickly, turn this ship about before its too late!" The man warned.

"We have the sword. Lets go" Edmund said  "lets turn her around, Drinian." Caspian demanded. "Aye, aye, your majesty."

"Do not think. Do not let it know your fears, or it will become them." The men warnes and I turned to Edmund. "Oh no" I said.

"Edmund what did you just think of?" Lucy asked terrified. "Oh I'm sorry" was all he said. "Sea serpents!" I yelled as we felt something under the ship move.