Chapter 10

Aaron's prov

"Ugh I'm starving" I complained as my stomach growls. Then I noticed Eustace sneaking off somewhere and decided to follow him.

He noticed me and turned around. "Don't follow me!" He whisper yelled at me. "Why are you whispering?" I whispered back. "Because I don't want to get caught obviously" "get caught doing what exactly?" I questioned.

"Getting some food, I am starving" he said. "Well so am I so I will help you" I smiled at him. "I don't need your help!" He snarled at me. "Fine, then I'll follow you" I pouted.

We walked down the stairs and saw some crewmen around the corner, so we quickly walked over to where the food was stored and started looking around.

Eustace found some oranges and we both took one each and put them in our shirts to hide.

"Are you aware stealing rations is a capital offense at sea" we heard, and both looked around for the voice. "Up here" its said and I looked up to see the rat thing talking.

"Oh, you" Eustace sighed and started walking away but got stopped by the rat, I think his name was Reepicheep.

"Men have been keelhauled for less." "For what?" Eustace asked acting all innocent. "For treason and sneakiness and general nuisancery. Look, just hand over the oranges and we'll let the matter pass." Reepicheep said holding out his paw?

"I don't know what you're talking about." We both said. "Allow me to clar..." Eustace grabbed Reepicheep's tail, and I gasped. I knew that tail meant a lot to him since he got it from Aslan in the last movie.

"Look I've had quite enough of you." Eustace said. "Unhand the tail" Reepicheep warned while drawing his sword and pointing it at Eustace. "The great Aslan himself gave me this tail. No one, repeat. No one touches the tail. Period, explanation mark." He spoke. "If I were you, I would let go of his tail." I whispered to Eustace.

"Sorry" Eustace apologized with a look of fear and let go. "Now I'll have the oranges. Then I will have satisfaction." Reepicheep said and threw two blades at me and Eustace to catch.

"Please, I'm a pacifist." Eustace started but Reepicheep already pointed his sword at us. I held up my blade in a fighting position and smiled at him. I already knew this would happen and simply wanted to join in on the fun.

Of course, Eustace ran away with the blade in his hand, Reepicheep and I both went after him. Eustace ran onto the deck in a full-on panic mode, bumping into everything and everyone.

"Trying to run away?" Reepicheep came swinging in on a rope and jumped on a barrel in front of us. "We're on a boat, you know." He pointed his tiny sword at us again.

"Look, can't we just discuss this?" Eustace asked. "Yeah men, it is just a little bit of food" I continued. Then Reepicheep started stabbing away with his sword and we had to avoid getting hit. Then he stabbed the orange inside of Eustace's shirt while he was giving a lecture about lying and stealing and smacked us in the face with the orange he just stabbed.

I noticed Eustace getting angry as he started swinging the blade at Reepicheep. I stepped a bit further away to avoid getting hit by either. "That's the spirit!" Reepicheep yelled and jumped over Eustace towards me.

He started swinging his sword at me and I held up my blade to block him. "We have ourselves a duel!" He smiled.

"Now, come on. Take your best shot." He yelled at us, and Eustace swung his blade at Reepicheep, but he dodged it. "Is that it? Come on, boys. Focus." He yelled at us. I also started swinging my blade at him. "Focus. Yes! Now, stop flapping your wings like a drunken pelican. Poise!"

"Keep your blade up. Up, up! That's it" I did what he said and held my blade up. Eustace went for it and Reepicheep jumped over his back.

Th duel went on for a while, me and Eustace taking turns to try and hit Reepicheep. Reepicheep avoiding our hits and jumping around until Eustace swung a little to hard and Reepicheep fell down the boat!

Eustace and I both looked over the edge to see if we could find Reepicheep, but there was no splash and if there is no splash it means...

My thoughts were interrupted when Eustace got a kick in the back from Reepicheep and bumped into some barrel that made the sound of a little girl screaming.