Chapter 19

Your prov

We went down into the cave and it let us to a pond with a statue in it. But I knew all too well, that wasn't just a statue.

"What's that?" Caspian asked. "I don't know. Looks like some sort of gold statue." Edmund answered.

"That is not a statue." I said and they looked at me confused. Edmund grabbed a stick and was about to get hold of the statue with it. "Don't touch the water with your body!" I warned. He looked at me scared and nodded.

Slowly he brought the stick closer to the water. The stick turned into gold and the gold came closer to Edmunds hands. "Edmund let go!" I yelled and he quickly dropped the stick in the water.

They all looked at me asking for answers. "I told you trouble." I said shaking my head. "He must have fallen in." Caspian walked closer the the statue. "Or maybe he was pushed." I commented.

"Poor man" lucy said. "You mean poor lord" Edmund pointed at a shield. "The crest of lord Restimar." Caspian looked down sad. "And his sword!" Edmund pointed at the sword on the bottom of the pond.

"We need it" Caspian said. I saw the mist in the water lurking around, waiting for a apportunity.
"Be careful" lucy warned.

Edmund used the front of his sword to grab a hold of the holding part of the other sword. As these swords weren't effected by the magic of the pond.

"Your sword hasn't turned gold." Lucy noticed. "Both the swords are magical." Caspian responded. "Here" Edmund carefully moved the sword to Caspian who grabbed hold of it.

"He mustn't have known what hit him." Lucy looked at the men in the water with sympathy. "Maybe. Or maybe he was unto something." Edmund started. I rolled my eyes as I knew he was effected by greed.

"What are you talking about." Caspian noticed Edmund wasn't himself. Edmund found a shell and touched the water with it turning the shell into gold.

"What are you staring at" lucy said getting a bit annoyed. "Whoever has acces to this pool... Could be the most powerful person in the world. Lucy... We'd be so rich" I smacked Edmund in the head and threw the shell back into the water.

"What did you do that for?!" He yelled at me. "Saving your live dumbass, now stop being a greedy fucker and get your ass up and out of here now!" I stood my ground and gave him a very angry look.

"You can't take anything out of Narnia, Edmund." Caspian added. "Says who!" Edmund looked at him annoyed. "I do" Caspian gave him a stern look. Edmund drew his sword at Caspian. "I'm not your subject."

"You've been waiting for this, haven't you." Caspian drew his sword at pointed it at Edmund. "Stop it, you are making it worse!" I yelled at Caspian.

"To challenge me. You doubt my leadership." Caspian continued. "You doubt yourself." Edmund responded. "You're a child!"

"And you're a spineless sap!" Edmund yelled back. "Edmund" lucy tried to get in between them, but Edmund pushed her away. "I'm tired of playing second fiddle. First it was Peter, and now it's you. You know I'm braver than both of you. Why do you get Peter's sword? I deserve a kingdom of my own. I deserve to rule!" Edmund demanded.

"If you think you're so brave, prove it!" Caspian pushed Edmund and they started fighting. I pushed Lucy behind me to keep her safe.

"Stop it you two!" I yelled and got between them. I then noticed a stinging feeling on my cheek and touched it. When I looked at my hands I saw blood.

"Look what you did!" Lucy yelled angrily. "Can't you see what's happening? This place has tempted you. It's bewitching you. This is exactly what Coriakin was talking about."

Edmund looked at me and them at my bleeding cheek with a pained look in his eyes. "Y/n..." He started but I stopped him. "Let's just get out of here." I said and walked away with Lucy.