Chapter 9

Your prov

By now it was nighttime and most of us were going to bed. Lucy and I both had our own rooms, while the rest slept in hammocks.

I kind of felt bad for them and had offered Edmund to sleep with me in my room so we could catch up, but stupid Caspian had to butt in and told Edmund to sleep with the others.

As I was about to lay in bed, I heard a soft knock on the door. I walked up to it and asked, "who's there?". "Y/n it's me, can I come in?" I heard a male voice whisper.

I quickly opened the door and pulled him inside. "Edmund, what are you doing here?! What if Caspian finds out?" I whisper yelled at him.

He gave me a cheeky smile and hugged me. "I don't care what Caspian said. He is not my boss and I wanted to see you, since I haven't seen you for a long time." I smiled and hugged him back.

After the hug we laid down on the bed together. He had his arm around me, and I laid on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. We caught up on each others lives and eventually fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to Edmund hugging me from behind. I smiled to myself and turned around to kiss him on the cheek. He woke up and smiled at me.

"Good morning love" he said and kisses me on the forehead. "Good morning handsome" I said back and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"You better get going before Caspian finds out you didn't listen to his order" I sighed. He groaned and got out of bed. "I love you" I said and smiled at him. He turned back and gave me a kiss on the lips. "I love you too" he said and left the room.

I got dressed and walked onto the deck. I noticed Eustace writing in his diary and saw Aaron sitting next to Lucy who was sewing clothes. I decide to walk up to Eustace.

"What ya got there?" I asked and he was startled. "Non of ya business" he snarled at me and started making comments about Edmund and Reepicheep. Then this Seagull sat next to us on a barrel.

"In England we have mouse traps for that sort of thing. Speaking of food, you don't know where I could get any, do you?" He asked the bird. "Are you asking me or the bird?" I asked while holding my laugh. "The bird of course!" He snarled at me.

"Uh, why are you talking to that bird?" Tavros asked. "I just naturally assumed he can." "He's talking to birds!" Tavros laughed. "He's mad as a loon, that one."

Eustace got flustered and shooed away the bird. "Don't worry Eustace, you will soon understand what can talk and what can't" I smiled at him and started looking for something to eat.