(Chapter 23) flames

"Have you been crying", I asked.
Toby didn't answer, I could tell by his facial expression that he was trying to think of an explanation.

"Uh yeah....but I'd rather not talk about", he said while twitching.

A sudden thought popped into my head, where was Phoenix. "uh guys, where did Phoenix go", I said in concern.
"Who's Phoenix?", they said blankly. oh shit, I forgot that I hadn't told them yet. "um...uh..", I kept on trying to find an explanation but instead just forgot about it.

"Can you get this bandaged up so I can walk around without losing blood", I asked e.j while pointing to my rib deep cut. Then I noticed something particularly strange, my bone wasn't a milky white colour, it was a......metallic silver. I looked at the bone before looking at e.j

"what happened to my bones and no games just straight up answers", I asked. "Well your new ability must have something to do with it, you don't happen to know what your new ability is do you?", He asked me.

I thought about it for a while then reached for my gloved hand. I took off my elbow length leather gloves. e.j and toby looked at the symbols on my arms as they lit up and fire shot out through my palm. e.j reached for my hand but I pulled away "don't touch my hands, your soul will be trapped in Leon's gem", I explained. E.j walked out before coming back with a first aid kit. he got the bandages and walked over to me. toby helped me standout of the bed.

I felt kinda weird when e.j lifted my shirt to put the bandages on. when he was finished I quickly pulled it back down, I sat down on the bed. "Let's go downstairs, everyone probably wants to make sure your ok", toby said.

I stood up and walked slowly out of the room and into the living room. Chatter filled the room as I walked in "ABBIE'S OKAY!!!", Sally yelled as she ran towards me and embraced me tightly causing me to slightly wince. She pulled away. "I'm sorry did I hurt you I'm so sorry Abbie I didn't mean to", she spoke in an inhuman speed.

"I'm fine", I reassured her.