Chapter 29: I'm...

(No one's Pov)

When the ninjas opened their eyes, they were met with a white ceiling and the strong scent of medications. Instantly, they all shot up from the cots they were in and ran around the monastery, trying to search for the blond boy. First it was Zane, Cole, Jay, Nya, Harumi, Kai, then finally Morro. The others and the ninjas that already had woken up didn't tried to stop the next ninja's hopeless searches, they all knew that them themselves had to realize and accept the fact that the poor boy was gone. That Lloyd Garmadon was lost.

But at the same time, they all knew Lloyd wasn't dead or alive. They had seen him themselves and it felt too real to be a dream. But they couldn't do anything about it except for mourning. 

The impact was very strong for every ninja, especially those who knew him. Their masters, who were Lloyd's family, also were struggling. Even if they had a short time for a reunion, they still had the memories and the love they had when he was a child. 

The Ninjago City was saved, the citizens filled with joy at first, thankful that the ninjas had saved them once again. But that joy soon disappeared as they heard the story of the Keeper, of the Forgotten One, of Lloyd Garmadon.

The story started simple yet unbelievable. Of course, unbelievable for those who never seen the countless dangers Ninjago had faced.

A boy was born, as a son of Garmdon, the son of the First Spinjitzu Master. His mother, Misako, was a half human and dragon, a fierce warrior. Along with Wu, brother of Garmdon and Morro, the master of Wind that Wu had adopted, he was raised and was happy. That was, until the boy was uncovered to be a Keeper. 

Afterwards, the boy was targeted by evil beings for his powers. To make sure the boy will be able to defend himself, he was trained from a young age. But one day, one of the evil beings, the Overlord attacked, successfully making the boy's family think that the Keeper was dead. But the boy had survived, but with a price. The Overlord was trapped in his body. Afraid of what danger he will bring to the world, to his family, the boy left.

Over the years, the boy grew. He learned to control his powers, learned how to be a Keeper. He helped the other elemental masters from the shadows and became the villain or a hero whenever the balance was tipping to one side. He was called a villain or a hero multiple times. But he did that alone, no he did that while the Overlord was still in him, taunting him.

After hundreds of years passed, the boy was met with another imbalance. The ninjas he had helped multiple of times, needed a new villain, a dark side. Except, there were no great evil to balance the good and evil, so the boy stepped in. 

He became the Jade Prince and the Forgotten One. He became the great evil for the world yet again, but with a goal this time. He wanted to bring his father back, who had sacrificed his life for the world. He wanted his father to be happy among his family, without any memories of him. Without feeling the sadness he knew the older man always felt ever since he left. So he did that.

He brought back his father and erased any memories of him while doing it. Then he made himself lose, to make the good side win again as he knew the next great evil was coming for them, fast. He knew he pushed the balance too far to the dark side, he knew he had failed being the Keeper for his own desire. For his own selfishness of wanting his family, his father to be happy.

When the onis arrived, the boy knew he had to help the good. He knew he was one of the reasons why the ninjas weren't ready for them, but he tipped the balance to far, making the onis to come. It was his fault, and he had to stop it. So he did that.

By sacrificing his own life again, he defeated the onis and the Overlord that had escaped his grasp with the ninjas. He tipped the balance enough to make the both side equal. The final tip being his sacrifice. 

He didn't need to do that, he could've sacrifice the ninjas, he could've risked the ninjas' lives for his to live. But he didn't, he let his body crumble under the amount of his powers to save the ninjas. He took the pain and price of using his powers for all the people that contacted with his powers. 

He was still a boy. A boy that was scared of his own powers. A boy that his life and childhood had ripped away from him to become the Keeper. A boy that wanted reoccurrence, protect, warmth and love from others. A boy that wanted to be happy, to be normal.

At the end, he was happy and he was loved. But that happened when he couldn't come back anymore. The world only gave him a chance to be truly happy as he was dying, as he became something that wasn't fully living or dead. As he became a real Keeper.

The citizens of Ninjago didn't know what to feel about that. Some still hated him, blamed him for everything. Some protected him, argued that he was a good kid and only a child, who couldn't become a child. Some just kept quiet, or perhaps they didn't cared.

For the ninjas and his family, they cared. They loved and missed the boy. They mourned for his "death" and prayed that they will be able to see him again. They fought for the boy's innocence, saying that he was and still is a hero.

The city admitted that, they acknowledged that the boy was a hero, even if he did some bad things. Again, some people argued against it, but the ninjas fought back again and again.

They loved the boy. He was their family. Though the question still lingered in their minds from time to time again.

"Who are you?" The green ninja asked the glowing figure that had appeared in front of all of them.

The glowing figure looked back at them, the sun setting behind them, making them glow like the setting sun. Their flowing light purple and white hanfu looking beautiful with the glow from the setting sun. The figure's black hair looking reddish brown as the light hit the silky hair. Their emerald green eyes filled with forced coldness and calm.

"I'm...

Ok, that's it for this chapter. It's like an epilogue part 1 I think... But oh well. An epilogue to go, then the book is over! 

Hope you enjoyed this!

Sunflower Out!