Special Chapter: Halloween

(Lloyd's Pov)

I liked Halloween. It was the only day that I could go out and roam around whatever neighborhood I was staying at with my shapeshifting off. Instead of freaked out looks, I was met with impressed looks from people on the streets. The best part though, was that I get free candies(though they never had pillow mints)! I just had to go up to a house, hold up a random bag and they will put candies in it(oh, yeah and I had to say "trick-or-treat" but I don't mind that). 

This year, I was planning to visit Mistake. Sneaking out of the palace was annoying, but I wanted to see her to get her advice(and get some candies maybe). On the way there, I deactivated my shapeshifting and stopped at some houses to ask for candies. I was swimming in happiness thanks to all the sweets until I arrived at Mistake's and saw them. 

The ninjas and their master was talking to Mistake. The ninjas just wore their gi, since that was technically a costume. Their master wasn't wearing any costumes either, which was no surprise to him. 

'Of course they are here, they're the ninjas! What's going to happen now that they'll need my help?' I thought to myself as Mistake nudged all of them inside, then looked straight at where I was and winked, 'Typical Mistake. How does she always find a way to sense me?'

I came out of my hiding spot and sneaked up to an open window, where I heard Morro talking, "They are starting to get on my nerves. They can't follow any of the instructions."

"Sounds like someone I know doesn't it, Wu?" Mistake laughed.

"Very true, it sounds like a certain boy that took forever to master one spinjitzu," Wu agreed. 

"...Lloyd...?" Morro asked, making me flinch at the sound of my name and from the silence, it made others(maybe not Mistake) flinch too.

"No, dear," Mistake coughed changing the topic, "I was talking about you."

"Oh, oh.... What!? I did not take forever. It only took 15 years!" Morro exclaimed, trying to hide the guilt and hurt in his voice.

"20 years, almost 21 years," Wu corrected, also trying to prevent his voice crack. 

"Same thing."

The room became silent and I looked down at my hands, where the thumb was starting to get transparent while my skin became... tanner? I noticed that I had my shapeshifting on again, but instead of my normal human appearance, it was replaced by a stranger. My blond hair was now black, and my skin was tanner. I took the risk and looked at one of the closed windows to see my reflection. My green eyes were now brown and the silver birthmark was gone. I looked like a totally different person. Suddenly, an idea popped in my head.

I moved towards the door of the teashop and knocked on the door, getting the pillow sheet that I brought along with me to store the candies in ready. The door opened slowly, revealing the green ninja. 

"Trick or treat!" I said noting the fact that my voice had changed too.

"Uhh, sorry we don't have any candies," The green ninja apologized.

"Aww... Wait, are you the green ninja!?" I asked like how a little child should've acted.

"Yes, she is," Morro suddenly pushed Greenie away and stood in her place, receiving a little "Hey!" from her. "What do you want kid? We don't have any candies."

I felt like hugging him and punching him in the face at the same time. It was the first time that I've seen him this close since thousands of years and I wasn't prepared for this at all. I felt something roll down my cheeks.

"Hey, go easy on him. Sorry about that, he's- Wait don't cry!" The red ninja appeared from behind Morro, pushing him away and wiping my cheeks.

Morro stood there and looked at me in emotions that I couldn't make out from all the tears. I couldn't stop them. It kept falling down, I tried to wipe it, but it just made more to come out.

"It's ok," The red ninja said, "Morro, say you're sorry!"

Morro snapped out of his thoughts and came towards me, placing his hands on my shoulder and slowly pulling me into a hug. Giving me plenty of time to pull away if I didn't like it. 

'Pull away. Don't... Don't let him..." I thought but my body didn't move, actually doing the opposite and leaning into the hug. 

We stood there for a few minutes and when I calmed down a bit, he whispered "I'm sorry," then put something in my pillow sheet. I slowly pulled away, Morro looked like... Well, the Morro I knew. I smiled and ran to who knows where after saying bye to him and the red ninja. 

(Time skip)

I sat on the roof of the palace. I was tired and mad at myself for crying back there. My strange appearance had changed back to my normal human form if I don't count the fact that my birthmark had disappeared. I sighed and opened the pillow sack, searching for the very one thing that Morro had given me tonight. 

I grinned at the piece of sweet on my hand.

'Yes, I like Halloween. I love it,' I thought to myself as I ate the piece of candy.

The taste of pillow mint filling my mouth.

Happy Halloween(if you do celebrate Halloween)! I just wanted to write this chapter because why not and now, it tells you why Lloyd doesn't have it's birthmark anymore(sorta). So good job me(pats myself). Anyways, thanks for 1.8k reads! It means so much to me!

Hope you enjoyed this!

Sunflower out!