"I asked you to describe him. Not to simp over him." He seemed unamused, but at the same time, a lot less stressed, so I would consider it a win. But I definitely wasn't simping. He was pretty, but I was surrounded by pretty guys all the time. I was one!

"It's not my fault that's what he looked like!"

He rolled his eyes before opening his mouth to speak, but his words died on his tongue when the sound of his doorbell echoed ominously off the walls.

I swallowed harshly. "Any chance you were expecting company?"

He shook his head before standing slowly, and he hesitantly made his way to the door before reaching towards the door knob with a shaky hand. He checked the peephole before swallowing, but he turned to me with a slightly relieved look.

"There are two guys, but neither of them match the description you gave." I let out a relieved sigh as I sunk back into the cushions, yet I still found myself a little paranoid.

"Ask what they want, but don't undo the door chain." He nodded before unlocking the deadbolt, the door chain remaining intact as he opened the door a hair.

"Yes?"

"Any chance you've seen someone suspicious run by?"

Well shit. What are the odds they aren't talking about me? I guess the guy had friends with him.

"Well, I don't know the details, but I heard a commotion outside my door. I checked the peephole and saw a guy running that way. He seemed to be in a rush. Is that what you're talking about?" The lie left his lips with ease, and he once again managed to keep his composure despite the fucked up situation I might have accidently dragged him into. I'll have to take him to dinner or something after this.

"Aw, your friend lied for you! So sweet." Both me and Seonghwa jumped at the new voice, and we simultaneously turned to face the back wall, which just so happened to have the guy I pickpocketed standing there with some kind of small metal contraption clutched in his hand. The window was wide open, a cool breeze and the scent of cigarettes and urine wafting in from the side alley.

I leapt up before backing up towards Seonghwa, making sure he was fully behind me as he shut the front door.

"Locking my friends out isn't very nice." The blond pouted before calmly making his way over, and I frantically scanned the entry way for some type of weapon. Sadly the only thing I found was a pair of boots, and I spread my arms out to better cover Seonghwa.

"How did you get in?"

"You left the window unlocked."

That was very much a lie. Seonghwa was a super paranoid person, and he always made sure the windows were locked despite rarely ever opening them. It wasn't a very appealing thing when doing so meant your apartment would smell like urine and dirty socks.

My eyes just so happened to land on the piece of metal he was still holding onto, and despite the danger me and Seonghwa were in, I deadpanned.

"Is that the window latch?"

He blinked before throwing the lock to the side. "No. And stop acting so freaked. I'm not here to hurt you." I wasn't dumb enough to relax at his words, and my arms remained raised as I watched him intently.

"Are you here for the money? You can have it back. I didn't know you were carrying so much on you."

He chuckled before plopping down onto the couch, and he crossed his legs before leaning back into the cushions. "Someone who doesn't pickpocket for the sake of money. A thrill seeker, then?" He didn't seem bothered by my silence as he made himself at home, though his calm smile quickly melted into a more serious expression as he regarded me further. "Not very many people actually succeed in pickpocketing me. I have to admit I'm impressed, though your ability to get away is subpar. So in return for me not turning you over to the police, I have a proposition."