Dark Humor

-Chan's POV-

Perhaps Felix was right. While I wanted Felix and Changbin to improve as soon as possible for their own safety, it wasn't fair to have Hyunjin risk his own wellbeing by exerting himself while he was still injured. Especially sense he only got injured because of my own carelessness.

He seemed to have fun helping them, but I was sure he'd agree it was for the best to wait for his wounds to heal. But then again, Hyunjin didn't seem like the type to care for his own wellbeing. Maybe if I bribed him? Felix said he liked comedians, so maybe his own Netflix account?

I knocked gently on Hyunjin's door, already running different scenarios through my head about how this would go. Was I being too bossy? I was the leader of SKZ, but Hyunjin isn't a part of that. He may be under my care now, but that wasn't his choice, was it?

Should I just leave him be? But what if he ended up getting hurt while helping the others train? He had no regard for his own life, so I wouldn't put it past him to purposefully push himself past his limits.

I knocked again when I didn't receive an answer, ignoring the warning in my head that something was off. It was normal for me to get paranoid when I overthought things.

"Hyunjin?" I rapped my knuckles against the wooden door, and my brows furrowed in confusion as I once again didn't receive an answer. Was he sleeping? But he wasn't a deep sleeper. I once accidentally woke him just by walking by his bedroom door.

"I'm coming in." I voiced a warning before pushing the door open slowly, and my brows furrowed further when I noticed his room was empty. I swallowed down the wave of anxiety as I pulled out my phone, well aware that he could be anywhere in the house. Just because he was usually in his room didn't mean he always was.

I pulled up the group chat I had with the other members, and I stepped back out into the hall as I began to type.

Do you guys know where Hyunjin is?

Minnie

No. Did you already lose him?

Haha. Seriously. He isn't in his room.

Sungie

u guys are so old

Lixie

I know! Proper grammar and everything

Binnie

Srsly. Who ends a text with a period?

Guys? Not what we should be focusing on right now.

When was the last time you guys saw him?

Sungie

For my morning palm reading

Minnie

You have a serious problem.

Sungie

YOU CAN READ PALMS TOO!?

Minnie

Thinking about how lonely your brain cell must be makes me sad.

So no one has seen him? What about you, Lix?

Lixie

Nope. Been too busy writing an essay

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

Binnie

Sadly, it's not