Chapter 3 - The breakdown

Start from the beginning

"Woman how many times- Aaria? Zehra?" Uncle was quite surprised to see us there with aunt maybe because he didn't expect us all to crash at his house 'poor man thought he was gonna be alone today at his home'

"Assalamualaikum bade baba" we greeted him while he guided us inside and handed us water.
(Greetings, uncle)

"We rang the bell for so long, where were you?" Aunt asked uncle while he nervously smiled at her

"Fifteen minutes and 37 seconds to be exact" Uzma said or more like whined to her father who then walked towards her, she was looking expectantly probably for a head pat or something but uncle flicked her forehead

"Toh kya hogya? Aapke paidaish ke waqt hum toh 8 ghanta hospital room ke bahar wait kiye the humein kabhi complain karte hue suna hai aapne? Hmm?" Uncle said while rubbing her head and laughed.
(So what happened? During your birth I stood outside the room for 8 hours? Have you ever heard me complain about it? Hmm)

"Aapse toh nahi suna hai but aapki begum mohtarma ne iss chiz ka ehsaas kayi dafa dilaya hai" Uzma laughed and stood up saying she needs to change her dress as it's itching her in her language it's biting her
(Not by you but your beloved wife has always reminded me of it)

"Bade papa Aliya aur shahzain Bhai kidhar hai?" I asked him about my cousins and Uzma's siblings. Aliya is 9 months younger than me and Shahzain Bhai is 2 years older than me.
I get along pretty well with both of them you can say a little less with Shahzain Bhai because he doesn't get involved much with people. He is the real definition of a reserved person.  Still we are no less than his own sisters for him And Aliya you can say behaves really lovely with us but she is really short tempered and most of the time she loses her temper over our poor Uzma.
(Uncle where is Shahzain brother and Aliya)

"Aliya apne room me hai aur Shahzain abhi aaya tha shayad sota hoga thaka thaka sa lag raha tha"
(Aliya is in her room and Shahzain has came just now perhaps he is sleeping, he was looking tired)

Aunt told us to go and get changed as we are going to sleep in Aliya's room because as it turned out she asked before Uzma and even if Uzma wanted us to sleep with her she couldn't say anything because it would've led to a fight with her sister and looking at Uzma, she seemed really tired of today's event

*Time skip*

We were all here talking and having fun Aliya was talking about something with Zehra and Uzma was scrolling her phone and here I was in the balcony looking at the city as we are on the 13th floor, the scenery is really peaceful.

What will happen now? What if ehtesham's mother doesn't agree with the job thing? I mean he just met me today he isn't gonna fight with his mother for me doesn't matter if I'm his future wife or not. I'm really scared and I don't know why. One thing I can't understand is his mother always taunted me for my looks then why send the proposal for his son? And above that the hotter one? What the hell am I even saying

Whatever is it some thing I know about this whole proposal matter is that just like my mother and father controlled me for my 23 years of life my to be husband and his family is gonna control me just like that for them I'm nothing other than a slave Ehtesham one day would get tired of me and who knows what if he divorces me? A tear slipped through my eyes thinking about all this mess.

"Meri pyaari gudiya kya kar Rahi hai idhar akele?" Came Uzma's voice from behind me. I wiped my eyes quickly and turned to the other side.
(My lovely doll what are you doing here alone?)