Chapter Seven

4:35.

The Phantom sped out of the ship, and hopefully away from the mess behind them. It seemed to be smooth sailing from here on out, but that feeling was cut short as the motion sensor picked up a large red dot incoming at the same velocity as them. The Chief looked out behind them and seen the other Phantom in hot pursuit.

3:00

The pursuing Phantom opened fire with its plasma cannons, and the team's Phantom took three hits in the aft section of the dropship. Their cannons turned back towards the assailant.

2:20

The pursuing Phantom sped up, and aligned with the team's Phantom. The opposing Phantom rose a meter, then moved left above the other one. It descended about two feet, and actually "latched" onto the other ship.
The team's Phantom rumbled, and the Chief looked up. "What the hell was that?" the Chief wondered aloud. He looked around, and then he heard a drilling noise from above his spot in the ship. "Oh shit..."

1:30

The Prophet of Truth looked to his Brutes in the Phantom. "Breach their ship...I want to personally drop these little presents..." he motioned to the cage beside him, which held about ten Flood infection forms, "...in on those fools."

The Brutes nodded, and brought up a medium-sized drill. They latched it in place, then activated the switch. The drill started, and began pushing itself onto the other ship, slowly digging into its hull.

As the drill dug into the other ship, Truth mused himself. "These fools have no idea what's about to happen to them. Once we drop these infection forms in on them, seal our ship, and unlatch, they will either be killed by the Flood, or more likely, by the decompression. What infidels..."

The Chief looked up and seen the tip of the drill penetrating the top of the ship. "Dammit..." He thought. "We're going to die from the decompression if that thing keeps digging through...We've got to stop it." The drill penetrated the ship's top.

0:45

The drill stopped, then withdrew. Then, through the gap, the Chief could see a trio of Brutes standing above the hole. They looked to one another, and Truth moved up between them. He held a silver cage, and inside were Flood infection forms. Truth opened the cage...

0:03

Truth tilted the cage...

0:00

High Charity detonated, along with the Covanent cruiser, and In Amber Clad. The explosion reached High Charity's reactors, and they, too, exploded. All traces of the ships, the Flood, and Gravemind, evaporated out of existence. The explosion rattled the Phantoms, and Truth dropped the cage inside his Phantom, and one attached itself to his skull. The Flood form began digging into its original captor, and attacked the Brutes as well.
The Chief turned to Johnson, the Arbiter, and the Elites. "Let's get up onto their Phantom!" he ordered. They all complied with the new idea, and they pulled themselves onto the other ship. Johnson kicked the Brutes off into their original Phantom, and the Chief approached Truth.

"How...how could...we be defeated...by you?" Truth pleaded.

John kneeled down, grabbed the infection form, and it popped. He took off his helmet, and looked down into Truth's eyes. "Don't mess with Humans." John kicked Truth down into the other Phantom, reattached his helmet, and helped Johnson seal the gap. The Arbiter sat down in the pilot seat, and changed the settings from autopilot to manual, and disengaged from their old ship.