CHAPTER 53

HARRY STYLES

"I was beginning to think you forgot who you truly were, mate." Karl chuckled into his beer, his head tilting back as he downed the contents. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my untouched vodka. My thirst for alcohol had left, my mind whirling at the possibility of war with Liam. I could go against him with no problem, I was just worried with the people that would get hurt in the process. No doubt Carli was in the line of fire, the very thought upsetting me more than anything else. I shouldn't have killed Holdon like that, but it needed to be done and I wasn't going to waste my time worrying about it.

"Did I become too soft?" I looked over at Karl and found him holding up his two fingers, flicking at the bar girl for another drink.

Karl looked at me and shrugged, his hair sticking in different angles. Bags were under his eyes, his tie slightly askew. I reached over and slapped the back of his head, my hands smoothly fixing his tie. "What was that for?" Karl groaned, his glare hard.

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair. "You look like a homeless man on crack."

"I do not!" Karl snapped, slowly smiling. "A very stylish homeless man on--"

"Here you go, sir." A girl cooed, her bony hands setting Karl's drink in front of him. Her chest was big, completely fake if you ask me. Her black dress was thin and tight, her undergarments showing in a frisky disgusting way. She left nothing to the imagination... That slut.

She flipped her hair and chewed on her lip as Karl licked his, his eyebrows raised. He was loving the attention this hoe was giving. I, on the other hand, was disgusted. That's what I liked about Carli, she showed just enough skin for me. She wasn't a whore-- Carli was just... Perfect. And it killed me inside that she was ignoring me. I slid my phone out of my pocket, my eyes scanning the screen for any sign. Getting just a blank screen, the picture I took of Carli stared back at me. It was a picture of her in the sheets, her curves and body hid behind the blankets of my bed. Half of her face was covered, her chocolate brown eyes smiling with a twinkle. Carli's hair was messy slightly, since we made love just hours before. She looked so happy, so carefree. Nothing was bothering her.

But sadly, she wasn't the same. Carli was dragged into a mess, a mess that was slowly ruining her beautiful innocence. Why was I letting this happen? I need to protect her, to sweep her off if her feet as the darkness engulfed us.

"Why aren't you happy baby?" The bimbo purred, her hands sliding up my arm. I harshly shook her off, which made her ugly face twist in confusion.

"His girlfriend left--"

"I'm not your baby." I growled, pushing out of my chair. "Not everyone wants a skank that gets around like you."

Her jaw dropped, Karl bursting out with laughter. I don't know why I said those comments, but I brushed it off and walked out of the bar with a tumbling Karl behind me.

"That was.. Awesome." Karl slurred, his words jumbling together in a mashed mess. He tripped over his self, his body crushing against the cement hard. To me it was embarrassing and annyoing-- to him it was a circus and funny.

"You're plastered." I hissed at him, cursing as I heaved him into the car.

"And you're whipped." I heard Karl slur. I rolled my eyes and shoved him, hearing him giggle in response.

"Men don't giggle." I retorted. Karl tried not to, but had a giggle frenzy as I drove him back to the hotel.

CARLI

I stared at the results, my feet slowly going numb from the toilet sitting I've been doing.

"Carli? Hun?" Perrie said from the other side of the door. "Are the results in?"

I looked from the stick to the door, my mouth dry. "I-It says.." I fell silent.

"Are you dressed? Oh bloody no, I'm coming in anyways." Perrie said, grumbling out the last part. She shoved the door open, her blonde hair falling out of the braid she had it in. Her eyes were big as she took in what a mess I was. "Where is the test, love?"

"Here." I whispered as I handed the stick to her. She looked down at the results and groaned, loudly cursing at the test.

"Inconclusive!!!!? How dare-- take another one."

Oh great...........