CHAPTER 37

MYSTERIOUS CHARACTER.

I watched them as they walked home, my lips turned up into a snarl. The shooting did nothing, which I told Michael that it would happen. People should trust me, since I'm closer to the two than anyone realizes. I'm older than people think, and wiser than people want to admit.

I had to gain one of them, probably the weak girl. I needed to show them that I was someone to trust. And then, once I got to the place that I desired, I would hurt Harry for the very last time. I hated it. He was happy, and I wasn't. I should be the one to have Carli. Or at least someone that makes me happy. I was a lonely old man, sure. But I had the looks and the charm. I fooled someone that gave me this opportunity, not knowing what I was capable of.

I slowly got up from my sitting position, throwing away my now cold coffee. I put on my hat, my eyes still fixed on the two of them. The way she giggles sickens me, the way he looks at her makes me want to hurt someone. I send a soft smile at the woman who was staring, her cheeks heating up as I noticed her. I sent her a wink after the smile, letting my feet carry me after Harry and Carli.

"This is crazy." I told myself, but as I learned from previous times, I needed to ignore that part of me. I could tell Harry already second guessed my character, but I knew that it would all fall before him.

I'm not related to Carli or Harry in anyway, but I wish I was. I could have their trust easier. I was just someone else to them.

But not for long.