CHAPTER 23

CARLI

I heard his deep voice, my fear freezing me in place. My heartbeat was fast, hitting against my rib cage in a rapid manner. His breath was tickling my face, smelling of.... Blood?

I let out a scream as I felt him get closer, my body cringing away. I kept letting out loud screams as tears ran down my face, my fingers fumbling for my phone. Cursing when I didn't find the stupid thing and realizing that it was charging in the kitchen, I watched as the black figure walked to the window, closing it shut. "I am sorry if I startled you, daughter." I heard him coo. Shivers ran down my spine as I whimpered softly.

"Leave me alone.. Please." I managed to say.

"You think I'm going to hurt you?" My father looked at me, his eyes glistening in madness. "Why would I do such a thing to my own blood?"

He was being strange, but he's crazy. I kept telling myself not to believe him, my own sanity sucking me into craziness. "You killed mom."

My father, I don't even want to call him that, looked at me with a wild look and barked a low laugh. I jumped back slightly, my back hitting the backboard of my bed. My shaky hands gripped my sheets tightly, my legs scooting away from him. "Killed her? That's crazy. She's alive and kicking, to my dismay."

"Just like you?" I fired back at him, regretting it as it flowed out of my lips. My dad stared at me, taking large steps towards me.

"You need to watch your pretty little mouth, ya hear?" He hisses, his raunchy breath fanning over my face.

"W-What do you want?" I stuttered, silently pleading with him to leave me alone.

"I need you to tell your boy toy to stop poking his nose in my life. I have intentions to my actions and I don't need him ruining it."

"What do you mean? Harry isn't-"

"Shut up! I know he's looking for me and I will do everything in my power to stop him.. Even if it means..."

I stared at my dad, my eyes going wide at the moment I knew he wasn't kidding.

"Even if it means I have to kill him... I will do it. You are part of this family and you'll stay with us forever. If you don't chose John and I, you will be very sorry. Do I make myself clear?"

I wanted to tell him that he could never win against Harry. Harry was someone that wouldn't stop until he was on top. I smirked softly at my dad, well knowing that he didn't know what Harry was exactly planning against him.

"You will never win, Paul." I told him, trying to shove him away.

Paul growled, slapping me across the face. My face went to the side from the force, my mouth open in pain and surprise. Tears sprang to my eyes as he shook me. "You will always be my daughter, you will always be mine. Soon you will see that there is no other choice then choosing your family. We will get you someday, you will see."

"No!" I whimpered as I thrashed against him, trying to get up. With no success, I reached over and grabbed the lamp that was next to my bed. I wanted to show my dad that I wasn't scared, should I hit him with the lamp? I so badly wanted to hurt him, just like he used to do when I was a kid. I needed to show him that I too was someone you shouldn't mess with.

I raised the lamp and slammed it hard against his head, hearing a groan of pain coming from his lips as he fell to the floor. "You little.." Paul groaned. "You're going to pay for this!"