peace

LEO===============30/04/2003Santa Fe, New Mexico================

LEO
===============
30/04/2003
Santa Fe, New Mexico
================

Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said. I should've known she wouldn't listen to me, that she'd just get very damn pissed.

Can she really fucking blame me for wanting to keep her safe?

Since there's definitely no chance she'll change her mind on this, there's no damn point in me trying to hold her back.

Her objective might be to kill Nicholas, the only thing I'm going to be focusing on is ensuring that nothing happens to her.

That nothing kills her.

"Should be coming up on our left," she murmurs, pointing at the GPS.

The sign for 'Radnos Senior Living' comes into my line of vision as I flick on the indicator, making the turn into the carpark.

I halt in a space, it's actually pretty damn quiet to my surprise. A one story building, spreading around to the edge of the street.

Nova unbuckles her seatbelt, turning to face me.

"So, what's our cover story going to be?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Maybe that we're husband and wife who've recently bought a hotel, looking to renovate it. Ask about the best interior layout. If we manage to get into a causal conversation, we can start to ask the more specific questions,"

Fucking Husband and Wife?

"Yeah, that sounds alright," she nods, sliding out of the car and closing the door behind her.

"Leave the talking to me. Like I always say, I'm a damn good liar," I chuckle, following her across the Carpark.

The doors slide open as we step inside. There's a middle aged lady perched at a desk, green and brown swirled carpet sprawling the floor. It has that familiar, musty scent.

"Hello, can I help you both?" She raises her head, pushing some glasses up her nose.

"Good afternoon! We're here to visit Isabella and Pete Lopez," I form a fake, cheerful voice. If we come across as polite, it'll look less suspicious.

"And what is the relation?" She tilts her head.

"No relation, just need some inspiration! Me and my wife here have recently bought an old hotel, wanted some advice!" I chirrup, wrapping an arm around Nova's waist.

"Can I take your names?"

Fuck.

"Eleanor and Antonio," Nova quickly butts in, it's as though she could sense my struggle.

"I'll need to check that they're open to your visit, excuse me," she nods, standing up from her desk and striding away somewhere.

Nova eventually turns to gaze up at me.