capitulation

TW - Blood & gore.

LEO============31/01/2003Panay, The PhilippinesPassi City============

LEO
============
31/01/2003
Panay, The Philippines
Passi City
============

The moment I wake up and peel my eyes open, I can't see anything. I'm enveloped in complete darkness, a suffocating material plastered across my face.

I instantly start yanking my wrists, only to hear the clanking of chains and feel the resistance holding them back.

"Look who's up."

A cynical, familiar voice snickers out as the mask is yanked forcefully from my head, revealing the taunting gaze of Jed.

"And how the fuck did you manage to escape?" I seethe. Being chained up and hopeless is not going to scare me enough to submit to him.

"My group broke me out during the raid," he shrugs nonchalantly, crouching down beside me.

I glance around the room. It's claustrophobic; the walls are stained by an off-white tinge of yellow, brown streaks running down them from leakages. The wooden floorboards are splintered, and there's only one tiny window near the roof.

This must be the farmhouse.

"Cosy," I mumble, not backing down to fear.

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say since I'm whacked across the face by his fist.

"You know, I'm glad we managed to capture you. Captain and all," he taunts, standing up to his full height as I'm chained to the ground by a pipe.

"You really think chaining me to the floor is going to make me submit to you? You always were a stupid son of a bitch," I snap, earning a kick to my face this time as my head bashes against the pole behind me.

The copper taste of blood fills my mouth as my lips grind against my teeth, dripping down my chin in a slow trickle.

"You'll die here, Leo," he remarks.

"I'd rather die like this than as a coward, begging to have my life spared like you did," I mumble.

"We wiped out a good few members of Fleetwood, I hope you've realised that by now. 'Better start mourning." He chuckles cynically, a sinister smirk plastered across his smug face.

He's a fucking psychopath.

"Bet you're wondering about Nova, hm?" He snickers.

He's not wrong. She's at the forefront of my mind, I didn't see her at all after I shoved my vest onto her.

"If you touched a fucking hair on Nova Shields' head, I will find a way to rip you apart, Nolan." I threaten, and I mean every word. If he laid a hand on her, he dies.

"I guess you'll have to find a way, then, because I took great pleasure in slitting her throat." He says.

My chest constricts, teeth clenching. My fists clamp within the chains as I start rattling them violently, sweat dripping down the back of my neck, blood thumping in my ears whilst I'm getting choked by the lump in my throat.