raid (2)

NOVA===============09/02/2003, 3:15amPassi CityThe Philippines================

NOVA
===============
09/02/2003, 3:15am
Passi City
The Philippines
================

The farmhouse definitely isn't what I was expecting. It bares a real damn resemblance to the one I grew up in, the one where they found Mom's wedding ring.

Three stories; windows that have absolutely no symmetry with each other and are chaotically dotted around the exterior in no particular pattern.

The chaotic exterior of a chaotic place.

Rifle gripped in hand, we move forward. I'm all set to push in through the East side with Dylan and Miles; aim is to keep as stealthy as possible until we're at the entry point unscathed.

Then we've got permission to break all hell loose.

I can't tell what Tara is thinking since her expression is shielded by a helmet, but she reaches out her arm and gives my own a gentle squeeze of reassurance. I return it, linking my hand around her wrist softly for a second before we separate.

"Hopefully see you on the other side of all this shit, yeah?" She says, sadness laced in her voice.

"That's the plan, look after yourself and radio if you need backup." I sigh, giving a final wave to her before dispersing into my smaller unit.

I wonder what types of horrors are on the inside of these walls, how badly they're painted with death and destruction.

I really fucking hope we find Leo.

We stealthily make our way across the farmland towards the building, the muddy terrain sprouting grass that brushes against our knees.

The only sound in earshot as of now is the faint chirrup of crickets, the noise of the grass swishing as we wade through. They're the type of sounds that would usually relax you, but it won't be long before the calmness is cracked by bullets.

The closer we get, the more familiar the yard looks. It is the exact location that was used in the execution videos. I don't know if I'm relieved that we're definitively in the right place, or haunted by the fact innocent people have been beheaded in this exact damn spot.

And by the looks of it, somebody recently has been. Even through the darkness I can make out the heap of a corpse.

Miles flicks his hand, urging for us to investigate.

"No, it's off of our track. We need to focus on pushing in through the East side." I whisper, shaking my head.

With Leo, I'd expect him to argue with me. That's what I brace myself for, yet Miles doesn't say anything as he continues forward in our planned path.