spring

TW - Mentions of suicide.

NOVA===============20/04/2003Alto, New MexicoSilvering Base================

NOVA
===============
20/04/2003
Alto, New Mexico
Silvering Base
================

"So, I thought it was a damn good idea to start drinking my whiskey! Didn't consider the fact that I'd be more focused on the 'Risky Business' dance than the damn flight the next morning."

Yamato exclaims to the new recruits we're training.

Avery Whitlock, an eighteen year old girl with shoulder length hair blonde hair, a hell of an aim, and green eyes like my own.

Noah and Joseph Wolfe, nineteen year old twin brothers with jet black hair, tanned skin and golden eyes. They may look identical, but their personalities couldn't be more opposite if they tried.

They all erupt into laughter, echoing around our food hall.

"Didn't you get hungover?" Noah snickers.

"Very," Yamato groans, rubbing his eyes as they continue to chuckle.

"How about you Officer Shields? Did you join in on the 'festivities'?" Avery grins, turning her attention towards me.

~
He yanks me towards him as we linger outside of the door, hand travelling into my hair as he guides my lips against his.

He pulls away after a moment and sighs, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I'm really going to miss you."
~

"Just Nova is fine, Avery. Yeah, I did join in with the 'whiskey-swigging' as Yamato says, also unfortunately witnessed his Risky Business dance." I force a grin, gesturing to him with my head.

"Damn, it sounds like it was quite the interesting time out there," Joe mumbles, deep in thought.

"Tell us about it," Yamato yawns.

It really was quite an interesting time out there.

It's been fifty days since we got back from Panay.
Everything's seemed quiet, there hasn't been any missions as of now for us Falcons.

And still no fucking sign of Nicholas.

We've been working alongside the Crows and BlueJays to track him down, but there's been no damn luck.

I guess he became an expert of keeping under the radar after all these years.

Rumour has it that he's already dead, that he bled out after Leo stabbed him that day and is decomposing in a ditch somewhere.

As much as I'd love that to be true, I have a feeling that it's not the case at all.

I've never been more fucking vigilant. I haven't had a full nights sleep since we touched down. The second we set foot in Alto, everything started to sink in.