Episode 29: Simple

"Ship! Ship! Ship!" Ship barks happily as he bounces around me and Ben. "Down boy." I chuckle, I turn to Ben and gently rub his back. He walks beside me with a bothered pout, he perks up when he sees Gwen and Kevin chilling and drinking smoothies, Kevin's wearing his ID mask to look human. Ben quickly runs over to them, "There you guys are!" He says, I look down at Ship, "We're gonna count this as a date." I tell him "Ship!" Ship barks in agreement. "We've been looking for you all morning." Ben says, "We know. We got your 50 messages." Gwen states "It wasn't 50 messages." Ben scoffs. "It was 50 each," Kevin scoffs, he turns to me "Now I see why you're so scared to leave his clingy *ss alone." "I'm not scared..." I scoff defensively "And I'm not clingy." Ben scoffs with the same tone. Gwen, Kevin, and I all let out noises of disagreement.

Ben pauses and sighs deeply, "Anyway, I need you guys for a mission—it's off planet." He states. Gwen and Kevin stare at him, "I got tae kwon do practice tonight, Ben. Sorry." Gwen says, Ben and I glance at Kevin, he loudly sips his smoothie before looking at us, "Yeah, no." He says, he goes back to sipping his smoothie. "Seriously?" Ben asks in surprise "We don't mind helping out, but...we do have lives." Gwen states. I dig into Ben's pocket and pull out the message we received.

"Well, maybe you can say no to Benji, but can you say no to a cute, innocent, little girl." I say, "There is nothing innocent or little about you." Kevin scoffs immediately, I flip him off...at least he didn't call me ugly, "Not me—this!" I sigh, holding up the device. A hologram of a little alien girl pops up, we all look at it, "It was teleported into my room this morning." Ben states. The hologram starts playing:

"Dear Mr and Mrs Ben 10, my name is Probity. My mom and dad told me all about how you two saved the universe from the Highbreed."

Kevin rolls his eyes, "So you get fan mail. What's the big deal?" He scoffs, Ben shushes him, "You'll miss the important part." Ben says as Probity continues.

"I hate war. Do you hate war too? Because if you do, I wanted to know if you would come here and stop everybody from fighting. Anyway, even if you can't...I think you guys are great. Thank you!"

The hologram shuts off and I stuff back in Ben's pocket, "So, there you go." Ben says "There you go what?" Gwen asks, Kevin groans. "Don't you get it? They want us to go to some other planet and end that war." He states, Gwen sighs and looks at me and Ben with a raised eyebrow, "No. They couldn't mean...—you can't mean—" "No we do mean." Ben states "Uh huh." I agree with a toothy smile. "Not that I'm even considering it, but how do you plan to stop a war?" Kevin asks, I shrug and glance at Ben. He smiles even wider.

"Simple."

"I can't believe we're doing this," Kevin sighs as the four of us use Ship to fly through the galaxy, he's not wearing his ID mask anymore "Everyone hates war, but nobody ever does anything about it." "Maybe that's because there's never been anybody like us before." Ben says confidently. Kevin scoffs, rolling his eyes, "Oh right, the great Ben 10 and Infinity are gonna solve everything in one weekend." He sighs.

A/N: Since people in the show just started randomly knowing to call Ben "Ben 10", people are just gonna start calling Y/N "Infinity" since that is the hero name she starts using in the future. But I'm still gonna keep up my favorite running gag of most people just calling her "Mrs Tennyson" or "Mrs Ben 10" too.

"It's a three day weekend. A lot can happen." I say, reaching to take my Nintendo DS out of Ben's hands, he leans back to keep it out my reach. I lean closer to him and struggling to grab it while he's holding it as far as he can away from me. Gwen briefly watches us before turning to Kevin, "I like that they care enough to come all this way to help," Gwen says "You could use a little of that yourself, Kevin." I huff in frustration, Ben tenses when I start to crawl onto his lap, I grin victoriously and snatch my DS out of his hands while he's...distracted. I look at him and snicker a little, pressing a quick kiss to his lips. Ben only lets out a quiet squeak of surprise, I shuffle off of him and continue playing the game where he left off, Ben blinks out of his dazed state and stares at his now empty hands, "Well...I just discovered something new about myself." I hear him mumble as Gwen and Kevin continue their discussion, "War's like eating or sleeping, Gwen. It's part of human nature." Kevin states.