Episode 15: Alone Together

A/N: I wanna start this off by saying that Ben was just so pretty this episode. The animators did him justice.

I'm gonna end this pre-story author's note by announcing that I'm working on a Mystery Incorporated book that'll come out later in the summer. It's taking everything in me not to make a Fred Jones x Reader-at this point I might make both a reader insert and an x reader (separate books)...anyway, to the story we go!

I dodge the Highbreed's attack, pressing my back against a crate. Explosion light up the darkness, Ben stumbles in front of me. "It's trying to run! Cut it off!" Gwen shouts from wherever she was. I hear Kevin grunt before hearing something smack against the wall, I run out from where we were hiding with Ben follow behind "We got it covered!" Ben announces.

I put up a black force field around me and Ben, Ben quickly turns into Echo Echo, "Echo! Echo!" Ben shouts, I lower my force field. Ben splits into 4 Bens and heads towards the Highbreed, "Going somewhere?" The Bens asks. The Highbreed strikes the ground and leaps into the air, the force of it all throws the Bens back, I catch one of them in my arms. The Highbreed lands behind Kevin, it raises its fist. Gwen throws balls of Mana at the Highbreed and I teleport Kevin away from the Highbreed.

He shoots me a look, "I was saving your life!" I sigh frustratedly, keeping the Ben in my arms "She was...I saw." He agrees, Kevin rolls his eyes and absorbs the concrete from the ground. He runs and punches the Highbreed back, "I thought you two had it covered!" Kevin snaps, I make my hands glow black and levitate all the Bens "We do!" I huff, throwing the Bens directly at the Highbreed. The Highbreed hits the floor, "Don't touch me, creature!" He hisses, stumbling away.

"Don't let him get in that thing. It's a teleporter pod!" Kevin warns, I teleport in front of the Highbreed, blocking him from the pod. Kevin throws a piece of the ground at the teleporter, it turns on...sucking me, the Highbreed and all the Bens in "You damaged the transmission field!" The Highbreed snaps before we get completely sucked in...

I slam against the ground, a bunch of Bens land around me, I quickly sit up and keep my attention on the Highbreed, "Microcephalic vermin-ridden carcass!" He grumbles angrily. "That's an insult, right?" The Bens ask me, I nod "I'm assuming." I stand, standing up and dusting the sand off my pants. "Your friend interfered with the teleporter settings." The Highbreed states "Well...to be fair, we were a little distracted." One Ben says "What with you trying to kill us and all." Another Ben agrees.

"That's right. I was. In fact, I still am!" The Highbreed snaps, I quickly levitate him and smash him into the sand. The ground starts to shake, I stumble to my knees, the Bens surround me worriedly, they form into one Ben. "Um...was that an earthquake?" Ben asks nervously.

Are we even on earth for it to be considered an earthquake?

The ground continues to shake as something emerges from the sand-it's a centipede looking monster. I pick up Ben and run away from the hole forming around the centipede. "Ben, split up!" I shout, the centipede knocks into me, causing me to let go of Ben. I screech, getting swallowed by the centipede. It picks me out, throwing me into the crowd of Bens, "Gross!" I groan, I'm covered in...I don't wanna know what this is...

The centipede turns to the Highbreed, who was running away. It chases after his swiftly, "Highbreed, look out!" Ben warns loudly. "Oh good, let's go try to find away back home while that thing kills that other thing." I state, walking off. One Ben grabs my leg, I look down at him,  "Y/N..." He sighs "Lemme guess. We gotta help?" I sigh "It's what we do." Another Ben says with a smile "Fine." I huff before teleporting a Ben on top of the centipede. He sonic-screams against the centipede, it hisses before jumping back into the sand.