Episode 10: Paradox

A/N: In my first week back...my teacher gave us an essay to work on...it was just the second day...I legit hate it here

Writing this chapter did cheer me up...so yay.

"You guys didn't need to come. Gwen and I could've handled this alone. It's nothing really." Kevin says, he parks the car, "It doesn't sound like nothing," Ben says as the four of us get out the car "Weird noises, unearthly lights, rumors of weird creatures out here?"

Kevin shrugs, "Yeah, the dudes I heard it from aren't totally reliable." He tells us. We stare at him, "Isn't that, like, a big bad-boy thing to do—come out here to the ghost town to drag-race." Gwen snorts, teasing him a little. Kevin scoffs with a nervous smile, "How should I know? I just know them from Auto Shop." He says. Gwen and Ben shoot him looks, I walk over to the wall. "Then who wrote 'Kevin Rules' in your handwriting?" I ask, staring at it "...Not important." Kevin states simply "Mmhm." I snicker, rolling my eyes.

"Grandpa Max said Los Soledad used to be a big military base back in the 50s. Some kind of research facility." Ben states "Yeah. Must've been some pretty serious research. Check out these walls. 50 years later and there's still no way in." Kevin sighs. I walk away from the group, walking through one of the holes in the wall, "Hey! I found a way in!" I announce with a goofily proud grin. Kevin looks at me in surprise as Gwen and Ben walk over to me, "No way. These weren't here." He says, examining the hole. "Even more reason to investigate." Ben says seriously, "Come on, I think my car can fit through that hole." Kevin says...

~💚~

4 teens going into a mysterious military base...this just sounds like a start to a horror movie.

We get out the car, looking around at all the destroy homes. "Did anyone notice some of the holes are vaguely person-shaped?" Gwen asks "Weird...maybe something-I don't know-burned through the wall." Ben says "Like what?" Kevin asks. "Probably the same thing that burned these weird trails everywhere." I say. Gwen walks up, "Look." She says, pointing at some animal skeletons "Ewwww." I mumble, looking at the poor dead bird.

I can excuse murder, but I draw the line at animal cruelty.

"This is a bird," Ben says, he bends down and picks up a lizard skeleton "And these are lizard bones. They're fossilized." "Benji, stop touching it..." I mutter, looking at the bones in disgust, "And they're not the only thing." Gwen says, my eyes trail up to a phone booth. Gwen walks over to it, "It's like someone turned this slate into sand just by standing on it." She states, Kevin walks up to her "He was probably on hold." Kevin says, I shoot him an unimpressed look. Ben looks around, "The trail goes to the police station, then to those...I guess they're apartments." Ben states.

"Just to review, someone stood here a million years ago and then walked to those buildings that were built 50 years ago?" Kevin asks, we stare at him. "You're not helping," Ben sighs "These could be signs of serious DNAlien activity, and it's up to us-" "DNAliens are not doing this." I say. Ben turns to me with a confused frown, "How do you know?" He asks "Does that look like a DNAlien?" I ask, pointing at our newest creature of the week.

Kevin smirks at the sight of the weird...creature as it moves around quickly...but also slowly? Kevin absorbs the stone from the ground, "Finally something worth the gas." He says, I glow black while Gwen surrounds her hands with magenta energy. Ben turns into Chromastone, "CHROMASTONE!" He shouts, the four of us charge towards the creature. It moves past us, brushes across on of the apartments. "Look out!" Ben shouts, grabbing me and running back.