Episode 26: War of the Worlds (Part 2)

A/N: Alright, last chapter before Ben's drastic personality change. Let's enjoy season two Ben while we got him.

Off topic A/N: I was playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and randomly realized that Peter sounds weirdly like Ben...that's cuz he is Ben. I knew I was attracted to Peter's voice for a reason.

THIS THING IS ALMOST 7k WORDS LONG—

"Benji..." I say nervously, gently shaking him. He groans weakly and his eyes flutter open, I look up at the hundreds of Highbreed ships as they fly above us, Ben gasps and quickly sit up. I help Ben up while Gwen and Kevin join us in the hole, everyone else waits at the top. "We're too late." I sigh "It's never too late." Ben says with a serious expression before a confident smile appears on his face "New plan." He says, we all look at him, waiting for the plan. Ben frowns in thought, he looks at us with a thoughtful pout, "...Working on it." He say.

"That's reassuring." Kevin scoffs, Ben snaps his fingers, grinning once again. "Got it! We break into the Highbreed control room and force the Highbreed captain to make his ships retreat!" Ben says. "That's your big plan?" Darkstar scoffs "Hey, how many times has he kicked your *ss?" I ask defensively "Twice, but just at this moment, I can't imagine how." Darkstar states "Want a reminder?" I ask, glaring at him. Darkstar puts his hands up in defense, Ben places a hand on my shoulder and cast me a gentle smile. "The main control tower will be the most heavily guarded building in the city." Azmuth states.

"Precisely my point. How do you propose to get inside?" Darkstar asks "Leave it to me." Kevin says confidently, walking over to his car. Gwen, Ben and I follow and the four of us get into the car. Ben buckles his seatbelt with a smile so innocent that it almost like we're not fighting for our lives and our planet, I don't bother with my seatbelt since we're probably gonna end up having to get out of the car quickly, "We're gonna drive to the control tower?" Gwen asks, looking at Kevin in disbelief. He smirks, "Uh huh." He says before pressing a button.

The car beeps and starts to glow with electricity, "When did you get all this stuff?" Ben asks, the Tennyson cousin look around in surprise as the car shapes and morphs into a way cooler car. I watched Kevin put all this together, so it's not as much as I shock. "When didn't I? Every time we found some alien tech, I tossed it in the trunk, and whenever I have free time..." Kevin trails off just as the car finishes morphing "You work on the car." Gwen finishes for him, smirking at him. "Yep." Kevin chuckles, he slams on the gas and the car takes off. The army of DNAliens shoots at us, Kevin calmly presses a button and the DNAliens are blasted away.

The large truck zooms up and stops in front of us, Kevin grins, "You're not gonna stop, are you?" Ben asks nervously "Nope." Kevin says, he fires missiles and the truck explodes in a violent...explosion. I surround the car with a F/C force field as Kevin drives up a makeshift ramp and the car jump through the flames, I put the force field down once we collide with the ground. The force of the car landing causes Ben to bump his head on the headrest and me to nearly fall to the floor. Ben shoots his arm out to stop me from falling, he shoots me a scolding look as he buckles my seatbelt. "This is why we always wear our seatbelts." He says, wagging his finger in my face, I smile innocently, Ben squishes my cheeks together with an annoyed pout. "Nobody likes a backseat driver." Kevin scoffs, he continues to drive through the chaos of the battle. There's explosion everywhere and DNAliens keep shooting at us. Man, it's so easy to forget that we're only 15...well Kevin's 16.

A/N: I'd have a mental breakdown every day if my life was like theirs

We finally make to the control tower, we quickly get out the car, "Run to the control room. Then we fight." Ben says seriously "I was afraid you were gonna say that..." Kevin sighs, he presses another button in the car and the car drives off on its own. While the car's attacking the DNAliens, we run towards the tower, "That'll hold them for a while." Kevin states. Kevin's car then explodes, but continues to attack, Ben and I run up some stairs while Gwen and Kevin fall behind a little. They catch up as quick as they fell behind, "The Highbreed have starships and they haven't invented the elevator?" Gwen pants.