Episode 22: Inside Man

Kevin slams on the brakes as we pull in front of Tyler as he stands in the road. Tyler looks at us fearfully, Kevin pushes the passenger door open, "Get in!" Ben shouts, Tyler hesitates, DNAliens spit at him and he quickly scrambles into the car. The car screeches loudly when Kevin drives off. Ben, Gwen, and I sit in the back, Ben sits in between me and Gwen. "Who are you?" Tyler asks us, catching his breath.

"I'm Ben. This is Gwen, Kevin, and Y/N." Ben states "We're here to help you." Gwen says softly. Tyler stares at us before he pinches and tugs on my face, "Ow! Why'd you do that?!" I ask, smacking his hand away. "You'd never believe me..." Tyler sighs "Think, Nutjob. Those DNAliens came out of the police station." Kevin says as I rub my cheeks with an annoyed pout. "They must have had I.D. masks." Ben says "You know about the aliens?" Tyler gasps. Kevin flashes his Plumber's badge, "Been scanning for communications that mention any kind of tech above level two You're name came up, Tyler." Kevin says, his eyes widen.

"You know who I am?" Tyler asks "Only that somebody back there made a call about you. Said you've got an Oscillator Key, whatever that is." Ben states. "Level five alien tech." Kevin says, Tyler looks more confused, "And fighting aliens is kinda our specialty." I say, resting my head on Ben's shoulder. "Where did you get your hands on alien technology?" Gwen asks. "I...I don't know. Something messed up my memory." Tyler sighs, he digs in his pocket and pulls out bass pick, "What's that, more alien tech?" Kevin asks "It's a pick—a bass pick, to be exact." I state "Are you a musician?" Gwen asks me. I laugh, "Come on, Gwenie. You don't remember my music phase when we were 13?" I ask.

~2 Years Ago~
~Author's POV~

"🎶Dear Mom and Dad, I'm doing fine. You guys are on my mind. You asked me what I wanted to be, and now I think the answer is plain to see. I wanna be famous🎶." You sing playfully as you play the guitar, Ben take a final sip of his Capri-Sun and joins in, "🎶Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na!🎶" He sings with his cracky, barely-teenage boy voice. The two of you start to sing together, "🎶I wanna be! I wanna be! I wanna be famous! I wanna be! I wanna be! I wanna be famous!🎶"

M/N and Gwen stand in the doorway with tired/annoyed expressions, "Why are they singing-" "They've been obsessed with Total Drama for weeks." M/N sighs. You and Ben continue to jam together, not noticing that you were being watched. "They're so cute. I don't have the heart to stop them." M/N admits, chuckling at the sight "I do. I'm not gonna spend the whole weekend, listening to that." Gwen says before marching into your room.

~Now~
~Y/N's POV~

"I wish I could forget it..." Gwen sighs "I miss that phase. I was your biggest fan." Ben pouts. Tyler stares at the bass pick, "That sounds right, but I-I don't have any clear memories" he says "Well, that helps," Kevin sighs sarcastically "You stole a hyper dimensional Oscillator Key from a Highbreed nest, and oh, you played the bass."

Ben's eyes widen and he leans forward. "Lights off." He says, "Huh?" Kevin asks in confusion "Do it!" Ben shouts, Kevin quickly turns the headlights off. We slowly drive past a bunch of DNAliems in a ditch. They shine their flashlights, it's obvious that they're looking for something, but what? The car drives over a pothole, earning the DNAliens' attention. They screech and climb out of the ditch, Kevin hits the gas and quickly parks the car behind a huge rock. The five of us stay quiet as the DNAliens look around, they quickly give up and go back to what they were doing.